ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Medical Council (GMC) registration under EC rights

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chursy

Post by chursy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:07 am

UPDATE.....

Recieved response from GMC.

I will have to provide a certificate of good standing in order for the application to be assessed further. I am in the process of sourcing this at this stage from my Medical Council in Pakistan and will keep you all in the loop.

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:33 am

hello chursy

em in the same situation but i think my wife should first get a job then i can apply for gmc exemption

my wife is french national but currently in pakistan (but she will be in ksa with me, i m here for job purpose) and once here i am planning to apply for family permit and after landing in uk if she could luckily get some job then i will apply for gmc exemption between which documents you attached with your application??

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:46 am

i think my wife should first get a job then i can apply for gmc exemption
She needs to start exercising Treaty Rights, but being employed is just one way of doing that. She could alternatively be self-employed, a student, or self-sufficient.
John

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:53 am

yes john you are right

but i think it would be difficult to be self sufficient or self employed (as i dont know what we can do in both these scenarios) but student option can be looked up if she gets addmission in PhD

so i was mainly relying on employed option

Szmek

Post by Szmek » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:06 am

Thank you for your replies.

We will be appealing right away, because if my wife is ineligible for the FP2012, we would not be able to start training together and at the same time, so she will be 1 year behind me with her career/training. Its not the end of the world, as she can re-apply next year, but we would prefer to do it together.

Our basis for appeal is as follows:
My relocation will happen in August 2012 when I start the FP2012, so considering that you have to have GMC (provisional) registration before working, she will actually benefit from EC Rights in time, before the beginning of the FP2012 (we will obviously be relocating before the start, to move house/things etc.)
The UKFPO havent provided a deadline (date) by which GMC registration needs to be completed, just that it must be done before the beginning of work. Therefore the fact that she will benefit from EC Rights before the start should be fine. However I think the problem lies in the application itself, as they state that they do not see the evidence of this. My fault! We should have included a letter of intention that I will relocate back to the UK before August 2012. But I did include a declaration that I am 'jobseeking to work as a doctor-in-training in the NHS through my application to the FP2012'. I will try to persuade them in the appeal letter, that this declaration is synonymous with the intention of relocating back to the UK, as I will have to do this to start my FP2012.

I think this is our only way. I hope that they can be 'reasonable'. Any thoughts?

Good luck for everyone who needs it on this forum. Getting through the EU law is one thing, getting through the GMC is another!

chursy

Post by chursy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Szmek wrote:Thank you for your replies.

We will be appealing right away, because if my wife is ineligible for the FP2012, we would not be able to start training together and at the same time, so she will be 1 year behind me with her career/training. Its not the end of the world, as she can re-apply next year, but we would prefer to do it together.

Our basis for appeal is as follows:
My relocation will happen in August 2012 when I start the FP2012, so considering that you have to have GMC (provisional) registration before working, she will actually benefit from EC Rights in time, before the beginning of the FP2012 (we will obviously be relocating before the start, to move house/things etc.)
The UKFPO havent provided a deadline (date) by which GMC registration needs to be completed, just that it must be done before the beginning of work. Therefore the fact that she will benefit from EC Rights before the start.

should be fine. However I think the problem lies in the application itself, as
they state that they do not see the evidence of this. My fault! We should
have included a letter of intention that I will relocate back to the UK before
August 2012. But I did include a declaration that I am 'jobseeking to work as
a doctor-in-training in the NHS through my application to the FP2012'. I will
try to persuade them in the appeal letter, that this declaration is
synonymous with the intention of relocating back to the UK, as I will have to
do this to start my FP2012.

Can you please start a new thread and sabotaging mine! Thanks

I think this is our only way. I hope that they can be 'reasonable'. Any thoughts?

Good luck for everyone who needs it on this forum. Getting through the EU law is one thing, getting through the GMC is another!

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:18 pm

szmek

so u r trying to go on job seeking family permit

and once u get it u will apply for exemption of plab???

and if both gets cleared before 1 Aug she can apply for FP2012

even if some days after 1 Aug she can still apply for stand alone post....

best of luck for it n do inform us about the application hw it went for both FP n plab exemption n wt docs did u sent for both

thnx in advance

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:45 pm

chursy

can u plz tell me which documents u attached with your application for plab exemption

thank you very much

chursy

Post by chursy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Dradil

GMC provides good guidance around the documentation aspect. I attached the following documents.

1) Copy of my passport with the Family Permit endorsed by Home office UK and Resident Card stamped by GNIB (Republic of Ireland).
2) Copy of the graduate degree
3) Certificate of good standing
4) Certificate of registration as a medical student
5) Provisional Certificate of Medical registration (for one year)
6) Copy of the Residence Card under directive 2004/38/EC
7) Copy of the GNIB Card
8 ) Copy of PPS Number from Ireland
9) Copy of Marriage Certificate in English.
10) Copy of the British National Passport
11) Copy of tenancy agreement in Dublin for 2010 and 2009, as proof of residence.
12) Utility Bills supporting the tenancy agreements as proof of residence
13) Employment Payslips and contract for UK National employed in dublin
14) Bank Statements for accounts held in Ireland.
15) P45 from KPMG Ireland, as relocated to UK now.

Pretty much the whole Shabang!

However the situation i am in the moment, GMC is looking for certificate of Good Standing for her from the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council. I will have to arrange that which will take sometime, being PAKISTAN!!!. they havent said anything about the documentation so i would imagine it was all ok.

Szmek

Post by Szmek » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:47 am

dradilmahmood:
- she was issued a Family Permit based on my Polish citizenship (not UK as I am studying in Poland, not working, therefore not technically exercising Treaty Rights)

for the GMC exemption from the PLAB we submitted the following to the UKFPO:
- photocopy of my British passport
- copy of marriage certificate and English translation
- confirmation of student status from Poland
- letter of declaration that I am job seeking and applying for the FP2012 to start work in August 2012 [if i was in the UK any proof that I am in the UK working/jobseeking/self-employed/student would suffice I suppose]

We will lodge the appeal anyway, because we are able to do so, and its free. Maybe we get lucky and get a sympathetic panel.
If not, then you are correct, we will try to get her a FY1 vacancy in early August, once I'm in the UK.

I will update when the decision of the Appeal comes through

[chursy: your thread is entitled "General Medical Council (GMC) registration under EC rights" - I am not sabotaging 'your' thread I am reading and following it, and adding my own situation to it as it relevant. People use these forums to seek help, consult and find answers. It is not 'yours' and you should not be so selfish and arrogant to tell me not to post my dilemmas on here. If you think this is unfair, please report me to a moderator and I will happily comply with any requests that are made of me. I have made 3 posts, got advice/help and learned something, and I am very thankful to the experts that are on this forum. I am not 'hogging' nor sabotaging your thread. So please have the courtesy to allow others to solve their problems here as much as you are. Kind regards]

chursy

Post by chursy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:00 am

I don't want to debate with you unnecessarily. Start your own thread dealing with your problem. No where have I said that this is a common thread . Please I am not interested in knowing your problem and neither do you have anything to ask me,the information is there to share indeed. Dont Sabotage my thread with you problem, simply start a new one, that is all i am saying.

These are basic manners not any rules written anywhere, may be they are but haven't bothered checking for somthing as petty as this. Clearly you don't use forums and are unaware! No where does it say on this thread this is a common thread to discuss gmc problems. So please move yourself and your problem off my thread!

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:49 pm

ok guyz dont fight.... i was just having guidance from you both

n thnx for replying me in view of your case i will definitely apply for plab exemption.... thnx once again...but do let me know about your application timeline n how it went

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 pm

It's bit rich to come in a public forum, ask for free help and then start fighting over the free information.
The concept of public forum's is to help each other, solve a particular problem/situation for free.
I don't understand why 10 diff. people have to create 10 diff. thread's to solve the same problem/situation!!!

Szmek

Post by Szmek » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:16 pm

UPDATE:
We have submitted the appeal. We will receive a decision by the end ofthe month. I'll let you know what happens.
Aryan2013 wrote:It's bit rich to come in a public forum, ask for free help and then start fighting over the free information.
The concept of public forum's is to help each other, solve a particular problem/situation for free.
I don't understand why 10 diff. people have to create 10 diff. thread's to solve the same problem/situation!!!
Thank you. I completely agree. However I don't think stringing this situation along is a good idea as it will ruin the thread. I don't think any more needs to be said on the matter. Let's hope we can make this thread useful for many rather than few :)

joe777

Post by joe777 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Aryan2013 wrote:It's bit rich to come in a public forum, ask for free help and then start fighting over the free information.
were here to help each other, not just ourselves

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Suggest that all (supposedly) exempt persons .. specially those with non-EEA qualifications / regulatory registrations .... should read Section 19 of the Medical Act.

Section 19(2)(c) and 19(3) in particular.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:45 pm

thnx for the update guyzzzz

toabetterchange

Post by toabetterchange » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:02 pm

chursy wrote:Dradil

GMC provides good guidance around the documentation aspect. I attached the following documents.

1) Copy of my passport with the Family Permit endorsed by Home office UK and Resident Card stamped by GNIB (Republic of Ireland).
2) Copy of the graduate degree
3) Certificate of good standing
4) Certificate of registration as a medical student
5) Provisional Certificate of Medical registration (for one year)
6) Copy of the Residence Card under directive 2004/38/EC
7) Copy of the GNIB Card
8 ) Copy of PPS Number from Ireland
9) Copy of Marriage Certificate in English.
10) Copy of the British National Passport
11) Copy of tenancy agreement in Dublin for 2010 and 2009, as proof of residence.
12) Utility Bills supporting the tenancy agreements as proof of residence
13) Employment Payslips and contract for UK National employed in dublin
14) Bank Statements for accounts held in Ireland.
15) P45 from KPMG Ireland, as relocated to UK now.

Pretty much the whole Shabang!

However the situation i am in the moment, GMC is looking for certificate of Good Standing for her from the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council. I will have to arrange that which will take sometime, being PAKISTAN!!!. they havent said anything about the documentation so i would imagine it was all ok.
Hi chursy,

Just a question:

In the list of documentation, do you need to provide your syllabus of your qualification?

chursy

Post by chursy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:02 am

Not sure to be honest.

I didnt, but i am sure if they need it they will let you know. Good luck

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 am

any update for it chursy???

chursy

Post by chursy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:35 pm

thanks for asking.

GMC have now been supplied the registration and good standing certificate documents they were looking for. My case has been referred to a complex case team in GMC as there has been a GAP from the time i graduated to date, this has mainly been due to the fact that i was on maternity leave and got married etc.But the reality is unless i am registered with a council my options are limited in any case!

Still in process , hoping to hear from them this week.

Wish me luck!

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 pm

ok chursy

Best of luck for it...may be i will be travelling there in next June if they give me FP after that i will apply for it.

but in the meantime i will arrange all the papers

once again best of luck

dranil
Newly Registered

Re: General Medical Council (GMC) registration under EC righ

Post by dranil » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:02 pm

chursy wrote:Hi guys,

i am a spouse of a british national and currently residing in Dublin since March 2010. I currently hold a spouse Dependant visa here which is provided upon exercising EU treaty rights in the republic of Ireland.

I am a qualified doctor , having completed my degree from a Non-Eu country, would like to register with the GMC UK exercising the EC/EU rights , as per the condition listed per their website below :-

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registrat ... rights.asp

There are certain exemptions based on the EC rights. I understand that i a qualify under the 3aii clause on the link above being Non Eu spouse of a british national who is residing in an EU state for the sole purpose of job etc.

Can someone please help me clarify a few things here:-

1) is my understanding based on the above information correct? will i be eligible under the EU rights?

2) GMC require specific clause of the legislation from EC rights under which i qualify? Can someone please provide me with this information?

I have been advised by GMC that i will have to prove to them that i am exercising EU rights in order to gain full exception.

any help from someone who is currently going through this or otherwise can help me would be much appreciated.

thanks

hello ,somehow i am in the similar situation ,i (indian citizen)am married to an UK citizen,i work in ireland now & my wife stays with me in ireland (uk citizen) ,my primary and post graduation medical degrees are from Bulgaria which is in EU. i must prove that my wife exercises EU community right so that i will be a exempt person.any idea how can i prove that to GMC.

i think i fall under this ....3. Those who are not nationals of an EEA state or Switzerland and who are: a. the spouse/civil partner/partner (for a definition of partner see below) registered under the law of an EEA state of:ii. a UK national having resided in another relevant European state as a worker, self-employed person, or self sufficient person, or (in the case of an EEA state) pursuant to the three month right to reside under the Citizenship Directive;

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:37 pm

What does your British citizen spouse do in Ireland? Is she employed or self-employed or student or self-sufficient person?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dranil
Newly Registered

Post by dranil » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:39 pm

sushdmehta wrote:What does your British citizen spouse do in Ireland? Is she employed or self-employed or student or self-sufficient person?
she works in london 3 days in a week and 4 days she stays in ireland.
she doesnt work in ireland.i work in ireland. she comes under self sufficient person?