ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice needed for child born in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

am143
Newly Registered

Urgent advice needed for child born in UK

Post by am143 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi,

I need some advise and suggestion regarding one of my child born in UK. I have got appointment on 21/11/2011 at Solihull PEO. I am planning not to include my son (who was born in UK) in my ILR application, as I can register him for British Citizenship as soon as I get ILR. But we are planning to go to India in the month of December and my question is can we travel before I register my child or can my son travel with tier 1 dependent visa which is valid till April/2013. If so what is the procedure to travel without registering. Can any moderator or senior member please urgently advise what is the best thing to do in this case.

Regards
AM

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm

How long is the child expected to stay outside UK?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 pm

If the child has a valid visa, he can travel on that visa.There is no procedure involved. He doesn't need to register as British Citizen (at this point or ever) if you don't wish to. It's your choice.

am143
Newly Registered

Post by am143 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,

About 35 days. Thank you.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Jambo wrote:If the child has a valid visa, he can travel on that visa.There is no procedure involved. He doesn't need to register as British Citizen (at this point or ever) if you don't wish to. It's your choice.
the child can leave the counry however the child may have a problem re-entering the UK with a tier 1 dependent visa when the father is no longer a tier 1 migrant and may be refused entry under ]para 321 (ii)

As the child has a tier 1 dependent visa he should not just remain on this visa if there is no intention on applying for British Citizenship as you suggest, as he would be come an overstayer, he would need to apply for ILR along with his parents in this scenario.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:59 pm

am143 wrote:About 35 days.
You should include the child as your dependant in your settlement application, as Greenie has already hinted.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

am143
Newly Registered

Post by am143 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:28 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
am143 wrote:About 35 days.
You should include the child as your dependant in your settlement application, as Greenie has already hinted.
Thank you for reply Sushdmehta & Greenie. I will include my child in ILR.