ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Infant travelling with grandparents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ric1982
Member of Standing

Infant travelling with grandparents

Post by ric1982 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 am

Hi,

My 10 months old daughter is travelling with her grandparents to India. We have ILR but she hasnt got any stamp on her Indian Passport. She was born in UK. Could someone please advise me what documents do I need to send with her? (i.e. Passport, Birthcertificate, Letter from parents (if so then what would the contents?)

ta

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:50 am

Since you didn't include her on you ILR, i think you should've registered her as British (MN1)?

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 am

geek1981 wrote:Since you didn't include her on you ILR, i think you should've registered her as British (MN1)?
We have made the application but it hasnt been finalised yet. I think becouse she is Indian citizen with Indian Passport she can travel atleast to India. Comming back would be an issue but we will deal with it saperately once she get there.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 pm

ric1982 wrote:
geek1981 wrote:Since you didn't include her on you ILR, i think you should've registered her as British (MN1)?
We have made the application but it hasnt been finalised yet. I think becouse she is Indian citizen with Indian Passport she can travel atleast to India. Comming back would be an issue but we will deal with it saperately once she get there.
so how do you propose to get your child back to the UK if she doesn't have ILR and you haven't registered her as a British Citizen?

How long is she going to be in India for?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Greenie wrote:so how do you propose to get your child back to the UK if she doesn't have ILR and you haven't registered her as a British Citizen
ric1982 wrote:Comming back would be an issue but we will deal with it saperately once she get there.
The OP has been advised on the options in this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:03 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Greenie wrote:so how do you propose to get your child back to the UK if she doesn't have ILR and you haven't registered her as a British Citizen
ric1982 wrote:Comming back would be an issue but we will deal with it saperately once she get there.
The OP has been advised on the options in this topic.
I know but it doesnt answer my original query in this tread about what documents do I need to send to be able to send my daughter with her grandparents.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:14 pm

The response was meant for Greenie!

In response to your post and query:
1. The child's passport.
2. A consent letter from either parent.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!