ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omeo_21

ILR application for spouse

Post by omeo_21 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi
I'm looking to apply for ILR for my wife and was wondering when it states that you require proof of address for two tears, from 3 sources what are these 3 sources that are acceptable?

Thanks

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:27 pm

It states on the ILR application form, Section 10 the doucments that are acceptable.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:46 pm

omeo_21 wrote:Hi

Im applying for ILR for mt wife, my question is that i have my bank statements at my grandmothers address and have had them there for the past 10 years.
When i applied for my wifes fiancee visa and 2 year extension my bank statements where at this address yet they never mentioned it. I did adv them that this was purely for privacy reasons as I live with other family members.

Will this cause a problem for me now when we apply for ILR

thanks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:46 pm

omeo_21 wrote:Just a quick question, my wife was granted FLR in June 2010 but was granted the fiancee visa and came to the UK in March 2010, and we married in April 2010. we were looking to apply for the settlement visa ILR, in march 2012. My question is there a time limit when you can apply and if so when is it taken from?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:53 pm

1. Unless you both lived at your grandmother's place for the period that the bank statements you refer to cover, you cannot use these bank statements to prove cohabitation.
2. She cannot apply any earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of date of issue of FLR(M) leave. Time spent in UK on fiancee visa cannot be included in the 2 year period (287(a)).

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:14 pm

im not using the bank statements as proof or living together, i have separate documents for this. My query about the bank statement was that this is my main bank account where my wages are paid etc, and wanted to know if this would cause me a problem as it is is my grandmothers address though I have had bank account at this address when i applied for the fiancee visa and FLR.

Secondly i just checked the guidance notes on the ILR and it states :
One of the requirements is that you have to complete 2 years’ leave to enter or remain as the partner of the person named in your application. That period runs from
- the date on which you entered the UK with a
visa in the relevant category; or, if you did not
enter the UK with such a visa, from the date on which you were first granted leave
to remain in the UK in the relevant category

so from what i can see it means when my wife entered the uk on the fiance visa.

??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:01 am

1. In that case, you can use the bank statements you refer to.
2. "Fiancee visa" is not a "relevant category". Click on the link given in the response above and read immigration rule 287(a).

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 am

It states that the applicant was admitted to the United Kingdom for a period not exceeding 27 months or given an extension of stay for a period of 2 years in accordance with paragraphs 281 to 286 of these Rules and has completed a period of 2 years as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom;

From what I can see this means you need to have been given an extension for 2years And have completed 2 years as the spouse which would mean it would be taken from the date you became married.

So could you apply 28 days before your 2 year marriage anniversary?

thanks for your help

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:15 pm

No. No earlier than 28 days before the expiry of the FLR(M) visa.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 pm

OK im going to give them a call because doesn't make sense to me as they don't state from flr date but when u became a spouse which surely be before flr

I'll keep you informed

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:22 pm

We already know the answer :wink: