ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 > Spouse of Settled Person> > ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1toSpouse
Newly Registered

Tier 1 > Spouse of Settled Person> > ILR

Post by tier1toSpouse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi

I would like some help from people in similar situation as me.

I am resident in the UK on Tier 1 General (Feb 2009 to Feb 12). In Feb 12 I would have been resident in the UK for 34 months. As life turned out, I am also married to a British citizen.

As I am nearing expiry of my tier 1 visa, I am trying to work out the best option towards permanent settlement.

1)Do I have to switch to spouse visa (FLR M) in Feb 2012 & then apply for ILR or can I directlty apply for ILR in Feb 12 given I am married to british citizen & I would have been resident in the UK for more than 2 years at that time.

2) Which email contact to use to contact UKBA for advise. I tried their UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk & they told me they dont provide case by case advise. When I tried ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk & they ignored me (since my query is not about naturalisation)

I think there was someone else on the forum with a similar situation with their spouse but I cant seem to find their posts now.

Help is much appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 > Spouse of Settled Person> > ILR

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:34 pm

tier1toSpouse wrote:can I directlty apply for ILR in Feb 12 given I am married to british citizen & I would have been resident in the UK for more than 2 years at that time.
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!