ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Steps after Naturalisation letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

Next Steps after Naturalisation letter

Post by n_dinesh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Hello Experts

I recieved my naturalisation confirmation letter yesterday. I have been relying on this forum for consultation and help and I would like to thank all the experts for there kind help and guidance provide for my application process

I understand that the next steps for me would be to take a oath ceremony appointment via. my local council.Could you please guide me what are the next steps post oath ceremony. I am specifically looking for information with regard to passport application. Thanks

Thanks & Regards
Dins

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:49 pm

n_dinesh wrote:Hello Experts

I recieved a confirmation letter from UK BA on application been sucessful for citizenship.The letter stated that I need to contact my local registrar office for oath ceremony

I contacted them today and I was told that I will receiving a invitation letter from the registrar office for oath ceremony as the UKBA sends a notification to local registrar office besides the applicant after a application approval.

The concern I have is that the letter is dated 4th November.However, I recieved it yesterday i.e 14th and the letter states that I need to contact my local registrar for oath ceremony in next 21 days.I told the same to the registrar customer representative and she mentioned that I need not worry about that.She mentioned that I would be recieving the letter by Monday next week and this would have a date for ceremony. I need not contact them before that.

I just wanted to sense-check with the experts if this is the routine process. Thanks for the advise.

Thanks & Regards
Dins
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:06 pm

This is routine. What is important is that you attend a ceremony within 3 months after receiving the approval (and as a matter of fact, you have already contacted the council within 21 days).

ex-immigrant
Newly Registered

Re: Next Steps after Naturalisation letter

Post by ex-immigrant » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:06 pm

n_dinesh wrote:Hello Experts

I recieved my naturalisation confirmation letter yesterday. I have been relying on this forum for consultation and help and I would like to thank all the experts for there kind help and guidance provide for my application process

I understand that the next steps for me would be to take a oath ceremony appointment via. my local council.Could you please guide me what are the next steps post oath ceremony. I am specifically looking for information with regard to passport application. Thanks

Thanks & Regards
Dins

Same thing happened with me, i receive ceremony invitation letter dated 3rd nov on 12 nov.
i booked the appointment 14th (private ceremony, took few mins).
so u should wait for other letter, just ask them for available ceremony date u can book.
their concern is only inivitation letter not the approval letter

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

Post by n_dinesh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Thanks everyone. I will wait for the invitation letter and will then book for a private ceremony.

Thanks & Regards
Dins

ex-immigrant
Newly Registered

Post by ex-immigrant » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:48 pm

n_dinesh wrote:Thanks everyone. I will wait for the invitation letter and will then book for a private ceremony.

Thanks & Regards
Dins
Dont wait for ceremony letter, if you want to book private ceremony, Just call them again and tell them you want to book private ceremony not the group one. which should be on same day or next day.
Which normally happens at Registrars office (group at Town Hall)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Just call them again and tell them you want to book private ceremony not the group one. which should be on same day or next day.
It needs to be appreciated that even a private Citizenship Ceremony cannot happen until the Council actually have the Certificate of Naturalisation to hand over. So it may be a question of that arriving from UKBA in Liverpool.
John

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

Post by n_dinesh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Hello John

In that case, do you recommend that I wait till I recieve a invitation letter from council ? Thanks

Thanks & Regards
Dins

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:42 pm

I think I would certainly wait a week or two before contacting the Council, but hopefully in that period you will get the letter from the Council, after which of course contact them.
John