ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roy.coy
BANNED

Changing Visa

Post by roy.coy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:20 pm

i need your suggestion on weather i should change my Visa status to Spouse visa or shall i continue living on this PSW for 2 years and then change it at the end of PSW.

will that count towards my 5 years of being with my wife if i apply for PR after that?
Last edited by roy.coy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Changing Visa

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:38 pm

roy.coy wrote:i need your suggestion on weather i should change my Visa status to Spouse visa or shall i continue living on this PSW for 2 years and then change it at the end of PSW.

i know i will be eligible for PR if our marriage continue to stay till 3 years. but incase if i keep my PSW for 2 years and change to spouse Visa for another 1 year that will make it 3 years of my married relationship. will i be eligible to get PR in this case or shall i quickly change my Visa status to Spouse?
Borders is increasingly concerned about "marriages of convenience", and there are some reports on Immigrationboards which makes you hair stand on end. Given that you only just married (2 months are a mere blink in the eyes of the Empire ... erm ... the UK), I would assume that such an application would be flagged and cause some troubles. Personally, I would remain on the present visa for the time being if there is nothing wrong with it.

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi

first for the romanian national there different rules..

is your wife working now, has she regiseterd her employement with WRS as i understand that they still need to do so..
i need your suggestion on weather i should change my Visa status to Spouse visa or shall i continue living on this PSW for 2 years and then change it at the end of PSW.

i know i will be eligible for PR if our marriage continue to stay till 3 years. but incase if i keep my PSW for 2 years and change to spouse Visa for another 1 year that will make it 3 years of my married relationship. will i be eligible to get PR in this case or shall i quickly change my Visa status to Spouse?
you cant chagne your visa to spouse as your wife isnt a british national unless she is settled (PR holder)..

right now you can apply for EEA residence card..
but that cant be counted towards the years you have in the PSW visa (2 years)

and i have noticed that you said that if you marriagte continues to stay till 3 years which sounds fishy, please dont get me wrong but why are u think of marriage breakdown when u just got married.. u should wishing that ur marriage will be for life time..

anyway mate dont worry.
just let us know ur wife employment and work status... so we can advise u if u can apply for EEA residence or not..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 pm

roy.coy wrote:Hi

i am married to Romanian national in uk. she is self employed but she has NI number also. Before getting married i was a student and just before getting married i completed my studies so i changed my visa to PSW. After getting married i had 2 years of stay on PSW so i did not bothered changing my Visa to Spouse.

when my PSW was about to expire i applied for my Spouse visa (roughly after 1.5 years of marriage) and i recieved it after 6 months. now i have been on spouse visa since 12 months. My wife and i are not getting along very well now and she is thinking of divorce which is not happened as yet. But i am worrid if she divorce me is that means i have to go back to my country and i have no right to live here in uk?

Somebody ask me to post on this forum so that may be some1 of you can help me about it. thorough details of my case are as follows:-

Got married 3 years 2 months ago
time spent after marriage on PSW = 2 years
Time spent on Spouse Visa = 1 year 2 months

is there a solution incase if my wife divorce me? or else i have no choice to go back? please help me if there is any solution as she is threatening me that she will throw me out of this country.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!