ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bestmd
Newly Registered

WP to ILR

Post by bestmd » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Did anyone get ILR recently after 5 years TWES WP?
I know few friends who got ILR in 2005 on same basis.
TWES and Business and Commercial looks same on passport, is it worth taking risk of fee £2000 and trying by post or by person?

mguy
Newly Registered

Re: WP to ILR

Post by mguy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:58 pm

bestmd wrote:Did anyone get ILR recently after 5 years TWES WP?
TWES and Business and Commercial looks same on passport, is it worth taking risk of fee £2000 and trying by post or by person?
So are you on TWES WP right now?and as for your friends who got thier ILR in 2005 are you sure they were on TWES WP?
And yes your right apparently both B&C and TWES look the same atleast thats what I managed to find out....

prince12

Post by prince12 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:03 pm

If you wanna take a risk then best go to solihull as they dont charge you untill application is approved. i will definetly go in person than post. If others are getting it with TWES then maybe there is a discretion involved so if i were you i will give it a go.....all you can lose at solihull is ur transport fare!

mguy
Newly Registered

Post by mguy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm

prince12 wrote:
If you wanna take a risk then best go to solihull as they dont charge you untill application is approved. i will definetly go in person than post. If others are getting it with TWES then maybe there is a discretion involved so if i were you i will give it a go.....all you can lose at solihull is ur transport fare!
You are right there is a discretion clearly....

bestmd
Newly Registered

Post by bestmd » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:38 pm

I am checking for my brother who has TWES and yes one of my friend got ILR on 5 years TWES applied by post in 2005 and other got ILR on 10 years basis out of which 5 years were or TWES, But if you ring UKBA they will say NO you cannot apply.
Do PEO check exactly which WP is it ? Do they have access to five years old archive data?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules gives definition of the terms used in the rules. The definition of Work Permit Holder under Part 6A of the rules means a migrant who is granted leave under paragraphs 128 - 133 of the rules. Part 6A is the part of the Immigration Rules that includes paragraphs 245CD(c); 245CD(e); 245GF(c) and 245HF(c).

Time spent in UK under TWES category can be included in the qualifying residential period for settlement under long residence.
bestmd wrote:is it worth taking risk of fee £2000 and trying by post or by person?
Your money, your risk, your call!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 pm

TWES is never granted for five years so the question is not relevant; nor can time on TWES be aggregated into other categories of work-related leave (other than under long residence). Is there are way of checking if the original question and some of the responses to that question are coming from the same IP address? I find it very interesting that this thread was started by someone who joined today and is referring to very unusual circumstances that matche the situation of another thread that is currently under discussion.