ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointment Tomorrow for ILR- Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

erpfresh

PEO Appointment Tomorrow for ILR- Please help

Post by erpfresh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:18 am

Hi all,

I may sound a bit strange, but as the ILR appointment is tomorrow I am getting bizarre doubts:

My child has got her new subsequent passport issued, my doubt is that my child has the visa stamp is in her old passport which is now stamped as cancelled as my child has been issued a new passport for 5 more years.

Now the new passport is blank, the old cancelled passport has the tier 1 stamp. Does it create any problem.

I know I am a bit confused and nervous, but just want to know whether the visa is valid even though its in the cancelled passport.

Thank you all in advance.

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: PEO Appointment Tomorrow for ILR- Please help

Post by malepiscean » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 pm

erpfresh wrote:my doubt is that my child has the visa stamp is in her old passport which is now stamped as cancelled as my child has been issued a new passport for 5 more years.

Now the new passport is blank, the old cancelled passport has the tier 1 stamp. Does it create any problem.
As long as you:
1) Submit the old passport along with the new one in your application for your child
2) and the HSMP visa on the old passport is still valid (i.e. the Visa's expiration date is sufficiently in the future) - the passport's cancellation here has no effect on the Visa's validity as far as I know.
Hope this helps.

xyz123

Re: PEO Appointment Tomorrow for ILR- Please help

Post by xyz123 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:18 pm

malepiscean wrote: As long as you:
1) Submit the old passport along with the new one in your application for your child
2) and the HSMP visa on the old passport is still valid (i.e. the Visa's expiration date is sufficiently in the future) - the passport's cancellation here has no effect on the Visa's validity as far as I know.
Hope this helps.
that is correct. As long as both passports are submitted together and one has a valid visa, it is no problem.

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks xyz123 and malepiscean for your valuable replies.

I am submitting both passports together and the old passport has got a valid visa

irfanlibra
Newly Registered

Post by irfanlibra » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 pm

New Passport issued and the visa is in the old passport. As long as the visa is valid everything is fine. All you are required to do is keep both passports together.