ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Schengen visa from Northern Ireland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sphenisciformes
Newly Registered

Applying for Schengen visa from Northern Ireland

Post by sphenisciformes » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:05 pm

I live and work in Northern Ireland. I'm here on a Tier 2 Work Permit.

I need to travel to Slovenia for business and I hope to spend a week following that in Italy.

Does anybody have any experience in applying for a Schengen visa from Northern Ireland?

Do I have to travel to London to lodge the application?
Do I then have to wait in London for the time that it takes to issue the visa? (I need identification documents to travel back to Northern Ireland.)

Can I submit an application for a visa to cover both countries, or do I need to make two seperate applications?

Advice will be greatly appreciated

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Start by reviewing this link. You can always contact them with your specific questions.

http://london.embassy.si/index.php?id=2607&L=1

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Each embassy has different rules and procedures. Some are super helpful and easy. Others are difficult, obscure, and sometimes just nasty.

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:32 pm

just noticed this post, let me share my experience which may be of some benifit........i was in NI on hsmp JR and recently obtained ILR. in 2008 obtained shengen for 15 days BY POST through belgian embassy in london total process took around 4 weeks but was easy enough, based ourself in brussels and took trains in and out to visit paris, amstadam, versailles, colonge, luxumburgh with a 8 month old baby! best trip of my life......been to the states both east and west coast but Europe for me was something out of ordinary!

second time obtained shengen visa for 10 days by post again to specifically visit italy, italian ambassador to NI(honorary cant stamp visa) was excellent and very friendly I met him in person and he checked the docs and organised to send it to edinburgh and this way it was done within 2 weeks. (I think his name is mr dagostino but might have changed now).

In all fairness obtaining an IRish visa was much tougher than that(I mean while leaving in NI!!!) and had to travel to london.

hope this help