ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have a problem, Someone help!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Worried Sick
Newly Registered

Have a problem, Someone help!!

Post by Worried Sick » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:47 pm

My husband is dutch and I'm from North Africa. My husband is on welfare because of health reasons, he had to stop working suddenly because he was losing his eye sight. He's a diabetic. There is a large possibility that he will stay on this welfare from the dutch gov't because of his disability. He's on WIA welfare because for now, his disability is 80-100% and final results of him keeping this welfare will be determined in April 2007.
I have asked on other forums and was told that if he keeps his welfare then the income requirement to bring a spouse into holland is dropped because of his disability and I do understand that I have to take the test and do mvv etc..., which is not a problem for now, I don't mind. But can you imagine how fast these rules change? So, I'm worried sick that we won't be able to do anything before another rule changes. Who knows?

So, we decided to look into the belgium route. The income requirements are less then in holland but we need to know if he could use that as financial support in Belgium? I mean can he start looking for a place to stay in belgium and apply there for a residence card and say that he is getting this welfare from the dutch gov't? If so, what do we need to do next?

I know that it would be better to look it up like most of you have done but please put in mind that I don't read dutch yet and my husband can't see very well to read things on the net.

In the case that he can't use this financial support in Belgium, can he use it else where in the EU member countries? Does anyone know anything about this? I've read up most of the forum but haven't found anything on it.

Put in mind, I'm living in my home country and have visited Holland recently on a tourist visa. His income from welfare is not enough financial support by dutch standards but it seems to be ok by belgium standards 800 euros.

We thought of living in my country but I don't want hassles if we choose to go back to the Netherlands etc....also his medical check ups are better off done in holland than here.

I really would appreciate some help with this, as I'm extremely worried that we won't be united soon.

HELP!!! :(

gani999

Post by gani999 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:11 pm

Your problem seems to stem from the fact that you want to emigrate to Holland on spouse reunion, and the spouse in question is on welfare and cannot support you.

Have you considered other options? How about finding a job for yourself in The Netherlands and emigrating on a work permit? Or get yourself a student position in a Dutch university or college and then use that to apply for a MVV?

As for the Belgium route, I've heard mixed stories about it, so I wouldn't openly recommend it to anyone.