ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

seeking national debt line's help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

munnabhai
Newly Registered

seeking national debt line's help

Post by munnabhai » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:50 pm

I have got myself in deep s...t I have my PR due next year but I have got debt to pay and seeking National consumer credit services help to come to an arrangement wid my creditors.. is this sort of help going to jeapardise my PR application. Guys please do not answer by making a joke of this situation by saying ..u r already in deep trouble...I want to know if this course of action affect my application for PR

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:27 pm

On what grounds, that is, under what category, will you be applying for ILR next year?
John

Jeff Albright

Re: seeking national debt line's help

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:37 pm

munnabhai wrote:I have got myself in deep s...t I have my PR due next year but I have got debt to pay and seeking National consumer credit services help to come to an arrangement wid my creditors.. is this sort of help going to jeapardise my PR application. Guys please do not answer by making a joke of this situation by saying ..u r already in deep trouble...I want to know if this course of action affect my application for PR
Debt has become quite a natural phenomenon in this country when the country itself lives in debt.
Debt has no effect on ILR or nationality application. The only thing is that you may have to defer your nationality application if you become a bankrupt until you are discharged.
The best thing to reduce your payments is to go to Debt Management Plan or IVA (if you have some regular income). You can contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau for free advice or you can send an enquiry to PayPlan, who also offer free service. These two organisations are very helpful in debt management and are free.
Good luck!