ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M some advice please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameer9966

SET M some advice please

Post by sameer9966 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Hello everybody,

my wife has got 2yrs spouse visa and is due to apply SET M- ILR in april 2012, i have some questions please advice me:

1) section 7.4, is it compulsory for me and my partner to be employed at the time of applying ILR. i am household and my partner has got redendunt from job but he is looking another job desperetaly hope he will find job soon.

2) Is there any requirement to have certain amount in my or my partners bank account at the time of ILR.

3)sec 7.6 shall i tick (yes) in this section as my partner is receiveing public funds such as:
a) child tax credit,
b)child benefit,
c)Housing benefit

waiting for your advice.
thanks,

sameer9966

any advice please

Post by sameer9966 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:35 am

any advice please

sameer9966

urgent

Post by sameer9966 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:58 pm

any advice please
urgent

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: SET M some advice please

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:56 am

sameer9966 wrote:1) section 7.4, is it compulsory for me and my partner to be employed at the time of applying ILR. i am household and my partner has got redendunt from job but he is looking another job desperetaly hope he will find job soon.
No. But your partner will have to prove, at the time of settlement application, that you and your partner can maintain and accommodate yourselves without recourse to public funds (other than those that you, a British citizen, are entitled to).
sameer9966 wrote:2) Is there any requirement to have certain amount in my or my partners bank account at the time of ILR.
No fixed amount required. But evidence of income / savings to prove the point above is necessary.
sameer9966 wrote:3)sec 7.6 shall i tick (yes) in this section as my partner is receiveing public funds such as:
a) child tax credit,
b)child benefit,
c)Housing benefit
Why is your wife claiming HB and CB? What is her nationality? AFAIK, CTC is possible but only if claimed jointly in both your names.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sameer9966

thanks

Post by sameer9966 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:30 pm

thank you sushdmehta,

my wife is indian national, and my wife did not apply for any public funds, actually I applied in my name and i am receiving CTC, CB, HB, BUT MY WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE NAME WILL BE IN THESE APPLICATIONS,
WHETHER THIS AFFECT THE APPLICATION,

so you mean that no problem if all of these public funds are receiving by
myself(british citizen) during this last 2years period, if so, my question is
shall i tick (yes) in the application and tick the boxes all relevant to my related public funds.

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:44 pm

You've done the right thing. Your wife's name has to be included in the joint claims. Tick the ones you're claiming.
You don't necessarily have to be in employment and Home Office Case Workers are instructed not to refuse a spouse ILR application due to lack of finance alone.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Having read several of John's post regarding CTC, I am inclined to say that the OP should be claiming CTC jointly with his wife .... and this would not count against his wife (applicant).

Other than that, she must not be claiming any public funds - which the OP inadvertently stated that she was doing.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

zimba2205
Newly Registered

SU CCESS AT PEO- SET M - UNEMPLOYED

Post by zimba2205 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Im new on this site, just thought i would share my experience and encourage and assure other applicants in the near futue.

I was unemployed, for the whole two year probation as I had a baby. My Husband who is a british citizen claimed child benefit and child tax credits.

All this did not effect my sucessin being granted ilr.

The peo officer just said he was there to establish that our relationship was genuine. He did not even ask for bank statements or payslips.

He took my youngest birth certificate, concil tax bills, elec and gas bills, my hospital appointment letter.

he did not ask for any phoocopies

In all it took 45mins and we were on our way

I hope this will help give hope to others waiting to apply. I will also recommend Solihull PEO as staff are friendly and less intimading