ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC stamped

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkc

EC stamped

Post by rkc » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:55 am

Hi All,

My passport has now been stamped with HSMP EC visa for two years. I applied at VFS, Bangalore (to be processed by British Deputy High Commission, Chennai) on 4-9-2006 and got it back on 6-9-1980. No interview for me (probably because i have Schengen visa on my passport? ).

I submitted the following documents (all original):
1. HSMP Approval letter
2. Job Offer letter
2. All documents sent for HSMP as requested by VFS including exp letter from current/previous employers, pay-slips, degree certificates etc.
3. last 3 years tax returns
4. last six months bank statements showing enough funds in my savings account (around 4000 pounds)
5. Hotel booking confirmation for initial 2 weeks
6. Current address proof

I fly to UK in the last week of October. This is one month late than initially planned but then my current employer insisted on me serving two months notice period :). My UK employer has fortunately accepted this delay in joining.

So let me once again thank everyone for their support and help and wish all HSMP aspirants all the very best. I will, of course, be contributing to this forum regularly.

regards

rkc

Post by rkc » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:58 am

typo- I meant 6-9-2006 :D

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:10 pm

Congratulations

:D :D :D :D :D

Great.

ashishashah
India

Congrats

Post by ashishashah » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:38 pm

Congrats buddy...

it is indeed difficult to get a job sitting back in India..So well done!!!

Ashish

radhareddy_gopi
Newly Registered

Post by radhareddy_gopi » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:02 am

Hi,

I got HSMP Approval and applying for visa to chennai.May i know how you got job offer while staying in INDIA.mail to me along with phone
number to my mail id: radhareddy_gopi@rediffmail.com.

rkc

Post by rkc » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:59 am

I agree it is difficult to get a job sitting here in India but I would say that it is not completely impossible either. It depends on several factors such as how skilled you are, whether your experience/skills are in demand in the UK and whether there is shortage of experienced people in that particular area of expertise and last but not at all the least, how well you present yourselves right from your application for job, your CV, if shortlisted then how you conduct yourselves in the interview and whether you show the right amount of eagerness and interest in that company during the interview stage.

I agree that IT is not on shortage list of UK occupations, but then there are certain sectors within IT such as mobile tech/ handsets and wireless where IMHO there is a slight shortage of experienced people in the UK. I myself come from mobile handsets/wireless background and when I first put my CV on jobsites I got calls from several consulting agents and they encouraged me to apply for HSMP citing the fact that my skills are heavly in demand. Based on that, I applied for HSMP and then consultants forwarded my CV to companies who interviewed me assuming that I will qualify for HSMP. So things moved parallely and I got HSMP approval job offer almost on the same day :)

In my experience, companies would like to like to interview you personally and therefore they would like you to be in the UK first before they proceed with your application.Only when they do not find a person with the right skills in UK would they look at out-country applicants in which case either they will invite you to the UK for 1-2 days just for interview or take video conference interview. In my case I was interviewed over video.

So i guess you can try initially to arrange an interview siitting here in India, but I agree that it will not be so easy so you may have to wait till you get to the UK for an inteview.

regards

regards

reddygopi123
Newly Registered

Post by reddygopi123 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:55 am

May i know about the process of video conference interview.if the uk employer wants to interview me through video conference then whom should i approach.what information i require

radhareddy_gopi
Newly Registered

EC finances

Post by radhareddy_gopi » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:03 am

whether you have shown the 4000 GBP consistenely for the past 6 months
or the amount is recently deposited.what source you have shown for the funds.

rkc

Post by rkc » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:46 am

VideoConf facilities are provided by Reliance at their Webworld outlets in India. Also, I believe Sify has a videoconf service. You need to get in touch with Reliance Webworld guys and book a videoconf slot after which they will provide you with the dial-in details which the UK employer can use to initiate the video call.

Regading funds, i just showed the bank-statments of my salary account which also is my savings account. The GBP 4000 is my savings from salary only and there is no other source of income available at my disposal. This amount is what I have in savings at the time of EC and not necessarily for the entire past six months.

regards

Uchmando
Newly Registered

Congrats!!

Post by Uchmando » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:56 pm

Congrats buddy!!! All the best as fly to UK!

Uchmando
Newly Registered

Congrats!!

Post by Uchmando » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:13 pm

Congrats buddy!!! All the best as fly to UK!

reddygopi123
Newly Registered

Post by reddygopi123 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:49 pm

Thanks for your detailed information ,contribution and sharing of info to this forum.Another query which i want to ask is which experience letters
you have provided for EC,i.e whether it would be the old letters when you are applying for HSMP Approval or have you taken fresh letters before applying to EC.Shall i have to submit all the documents sent for UK such as co-habitation with spouse etc.Further My company's phone numbers changed since the time i applied for HSMP.does it create any problem.

rkc

Post by rkc » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:05 pm

I used exactly the same set of documents for EC that I sent for HSMP-UK because the VFS guys had asked me to include all these documents so you can include all those to be on safe side.

The HR Manager who signed my reference letter has resigned since issue of letter, phone number on letter head is different from most current - I did not bother at all :D

All the best!
regards

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:37 am

Hey,
apparently they dont seem to call the reference. i had a friend sign my job offer letter. But they dint seem to call the number on the letter. (however the number was of a genuine company in the UK). They have offered me the job.

But i submitted:
All papers i submitted for HSMP approval (previous work experience, qualifications degree, payslips, IT returns etc etc.)
HSMP approval letter
Job offer letter
letter from current part time job in the uk and payslips for 6 months
tenancy agreement of place i rent in the uk
letter from brother in law and sister for sponsor if necessary (i dint need it cos i was renting myself already - i just thot it wu help as a backup)

Got EC stamped for 2 years no questions asked...
Hurrah!

root

Post by root » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:13 pm

I have a job offer in UK , but its of low salary e.g less than 15K per year.
should I attach this job offer to my EC documents or not?

Can EC Officer ask why u have such low salaried job as u have applied on high skilled scheme?

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:40 pm

No he cannot say this to u but you never know these Visa Immigration Officers as they can come up with any weird observation...you can still show them the job offer letter and tell them that this job will make ur start there and then once u reach there and gain some UK experience you will start lookikng for a better opportunity in terms of skills and money...