ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for passport when not entitled to it

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi....

Can u please confirm that if some one apply for UK born child's passport directly after getting the ILR then what would happen????

If IPS reject to issue the new passport and ask for MN1 registration first then would this rejection will have any impact on future applications????

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:28 pm

tonypetty wrote:Hi....

Can u please confirm that if some one apply for UK born child's passport directly after getting the ILR then what would happen????

If IPS reject to issue the new passport and ask for MN1 registration first then would this rejection will have any impact on future applications????

Regards
Surely you have a better use for your money than donating it to the HO.
The application will get rejected as the child is not British and you will lose the application fee. It will not affect future applications.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Moreover, an incorrect issue of a British passport would not make the child British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Dear Jambo

Good saying and i like the way u linked my previous post"Donating money to HO"....Lol.......

I am not a rich person.... I have suggested to my friend what u told me...and he said he want to take this risk .....another colleague of him was advising to apply MN1 for all kids at once..... If he gets the abroad born child register with siblings for some reasons.... then i dont think it would be deception or case of "registration issued in error".... Abroad child is applied u/s 3(1) which is for this sort of cases....UK born children have applied u/s 1(3)....

I have one more silly question to ask...Hope u would help....

"I was reading about AN form for neutralization and its clear that after ILR one must spend 12 months before applying neutralization" ....then why there is discretion and under what compelling circumstances UKBA will apply discretion???????? For BC as early as 10 days after the ILR...Is there any situation u have encountered where somebody got the BC before 12 months.....????? i am referring to the following UKBA post

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... trictions/#

Thanks for your replies.... :) :) :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

tonypetty wrote: I have one more silly question to ask...Hope u would help....

"I was reading about AN form for neutralization and its clear that after ILR one must spend 12 months before applying neutralization" ....then why there is discretion and under what compelling circumstances UKBA will apply discretion???????? For BC as early as 10 days after the ILR...Is there any situation u have encountered where somebody got the BC before 12 months.....????? i am referring to the following UKBA post

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... trictions/#

Thanks for your replies.... :) :) :)
I haven't come across an example but I'm sure there are some.

Have you (or your friends) got compelling circumstances to request discretion or is this just a theoretical question?

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi Jambo....

I tell you about him.....I don't know these are compelling circumstances or not??? But here is his story....

My friend have very good job in a import export environment. He was working on a WP for the same company for almost 4 years. During his stay at the company he was actively involved in other areas of company operation. He never actively involved him in travelling because the nature of his job at that time(Accounts and Admin). He has degree in International Business....his employee was always keen to expand his market for rest of the Europe. Now because he got settlement, his employer want to put him forward as "Import Export Manager". This role definitively require a some EU passport in pocket so customers/clients/suppliers visits can be done at call.....In past this position was never created...Company owner was doing it all by himself.....But now if he have some body with in depth product knowledge....good understanding of costing and ability to fulfill customers demands....Employer thinks he is very suitable for this role.... By now he is most senior and old employee of the same company. He was working on WP for this company for four years and in total including part timer total eight years. He is most senior member now in company with most versatile experience.....His employer is very helpful and is ready to write any letter required.... During his stay in UK he bought two houses on mortgage ....one he is living with his family and other is let for £1500/month.....He have three kids ....two are school going....His wife got very good job as well.....

All this is his story....now what you think of this.....Is there any chance of discretion to be applied in his case???????

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Doesn't sounds like a compelling circumstances to me. He can always apply for multiple entry visas to the countries he will need to visit although less convenient than a British passport.

Other members might have different views.