ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faz28

FLR(M) application

Post by faz28 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:02 am

Hi pls anybody shed a light on us my husband recieved his ilr in nov. i'm in the process of applying spouse visa. I need to apply quickly inside a month bcoz i need to travel to my country. I looked into the english courses ket & pet exams from cambridge uni takes 3 months for the exam & results to come back. Ielts exam date is on 1st week of january 2012. Trinity college london has a branch here in manchester they told me that there is a exam called Graded english in spoken english( GESE) where exam is in 1 week & certificate will come in 7 days. I want to know whether this certificate will be accepted by ukba or i need to do reading & writing as well.

Or pls somebody tell me an exam where results come back soon.

I live in uk for last 6 years.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:31 pm

There must be more places giving courses you will need to search the names of the tests and type them in google depending on where you live and what cities are nearest to you, what visa are you on now? IELTS is the fastest to get results back to you.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:38 pm

If you are applying for further leave to remain as a spouse on form FLR(M) then the English language test is only to show your speaking and listening and not reading and writing.

As long as the test is on the ukba approved list and you get the required score, you should be fine.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Greenie wrote:If you are applying for further leave to remain as a spouse on form FLR(M) then the English language test is only to show your speaking and listening and not reading and writing.

As long as the test is on the ukba approved list and you get the required score, you should be fine.

I'm in tier 4 dependent visa & in the process of applying spouse visa using Flr(M). So if i do GESE Exam which is only speaking & listening, will it be accepted by Ukba? Or do i have to do reading & writing as well? Thank u very much.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Greenie wrote:If you are applying for further leave to remain as a spouse on form FLR(M) then the English language test is only to show your speaking and listening and not reading and writing.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi I'm in process of applying spouse visa currently in tier 4 dependent visa valid until 04/2013. My husband recived his ILR this month. He has just started to work he is self employed, he is not earning much. How can we show our finances?

He is earning about £800 a month & i don't work. Our rent is £400 & council tax is £88.We have 3 kids. Just started to claim child benefit. we don't want to apply for ctc & wtc until i change my visa to spouse visa.

Need to change the visa quickly before those rules come into place & i,m travelling abroad. Pls ur guidance is much needed.And pls tell me how show finances bcoz of self employed.

Once FLR(M) granted can I apply ILR quickly or do i need to be in spouse visa for 2 years. I have been in this country for morethan 5 years as student dependent & Tier(4) dependent.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:53 pm

pls any help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Are the kids UK-born?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:48 pm

faz28 wrote:Hi I'm in process of applying spouse visa currently in tier 4 dependent visa valid until 04/2013. My husband recived his ILR this month. He has just started to work he is self employed, he is not earning much. How can we show our finances?

He is earning about £800 a month & i don't work. Our rent is £400 & council tax is £88.We have 3 kids. Just started to claim child benefit. we don't want to apply for ctc & wtc until i change my visa to spouse visa.

Need to change the visa quickly before those rules come into place & i,m travelling abroad. Pls ur guidance is much needed.And pls tell me how show finances bcoz of self employed.

Once FLR(M) granted can I apply ILR quickly or do i need to be in spouse visa for 2 years. I have been in this country for morethan 5 years as student dependent & Tier(4) dependent.
You need to have £105.95 per couple plus £62.33 per child remaining per week after rent and council tax are deducted - in other words £292.94 per week or £1269 per month remaining so your current income falls way short. I don't understand why you are not claiming CTC and WTC now - you need to do this as it will boost your income and hopefully take you over the threshold. You need to complete two years as a spouse of a settled person before applying for ILR.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:00 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Are the kids UK-born?
Yes kids are born in uk.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Greenie wrote:
faz28 wrote:Hi I'm in process of applying spouse visa currently in tier 4 dependent visa valid until 04/2013. My husband recived his ILR this month. He has just started to work he is self employed, he is not earning much. How can we show our finances?

Thank you Greenie for ur help. Then we'll apply for ctc & wtc soon & apply for visa on March. So now i have to postpone my travel plans. Can u tell me how to show our finances to HO. do u think bank statments are enough to show. do we need something else? bcoz no tax returns yet.
You need to have £105.95 per couple plus £62.33 per child remaining per week after rent and council tax are deducted - in other words £292.94 per week or £1269 per month remaining so your current income falls way short. I don't understand why you are not claiming CTC and WTC now - you need to do this as it will boost your income and hopefully take you over the threshold. You need to complete two years as a spouse of a settled person before applying for ILR.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Thank you Greenie for ur help. Then we'll apply for ctc & wtc soon & apply for visa on March. So now i have to postpone my travel plans. Can u tell me how to show our finances to HO. do u think bank statments are enough to show. do we need something else? bcoz no tax returns yet.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:12 pm

faz28 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Have you registered the children as British yet? you need to do this also.

Bank statements
Receipts for work undertaken
Child benefit/tax credit letters. You need need to claim tax credits as a couple.
evidence registered as self-employed.

Get your husband to look into whether he qualifies for Housing Benefit and Council tax benefit - however he can only claim this as a single person albeit if the children are registered as British then he should also be able to claim extra for them.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Can we apply ctc & wtc now? Or do we need to wait until kids become british.

Thank u Greenie for ur valuable advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:07 pm

faz28 wrote:Can we apply ctc & wtc now? Or do we need to wait until kids become british.

Thank u Greenie for ur valuable advice.
no - it the adult who claims the benefit and not the child - as long as your husband is eligible he can claim it - but you must claim jointly.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Just now read about the new rules taking effect on 09/07/12. My head is starting to roll. i don't understand what i'm going to do nothing went according to plan I thought to apply spouse visa after recieving ctc & wtc but hmrc took so long & refused so now it's in appeal, just today applied for housing benefit it will take another 4 weeks.

My husband is not earning as we thought would be, he is only having a profit of £115 per week after all other work related expenses. I just don't understand what we are going to do.

As i understand 3rd party support is accepted, my brother-in-law who is in my home country will support us & show his bank statements, but will HO accept it because i live in uk. Does 3rd party support should come only from uk?

Pls help me & give me ur suggestion on what I have to do. I think i have to apply before 09/07/12.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 am

Pls help me is 3rd party support from home country allowed?