ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for EEA family permit?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siv123

Processing time for EEA family permit?

Post by siv123 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:51 am

Hello,

My family applied for an EEA family permit for almost a month ago. We have so far not received any decision from the British Embassy.

Does anybody know how long time it can take to process EEA family permit application? Is their any maximum processing time limit?

I appreciate your help!

Siv.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Check visa processing times. Choose the location the application was made.

siv123

Post by siv123 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello everyone!
I sent an e-mail to British embassy to ask about application status (EEA family permit) a week ago. They first replied that decision has been taken on application and it will soon be returned to me. Five days later they told me that decision is taken, however, as a standard procedure they will review the decision before sending it to applicant. Is it normal? How long time can it take to review after decision has been taken? Any idea?

Jambo wrote:Check visa processing times. Choose the location the application was made.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:52 pm

So you called them and they said the decision was made.

5 days later what happened? What exactlydid they say?

siv123

Post by siv123 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:19 pm

No. I contacted them through e-mail. In their initial reply, they told me that decision was made and it will be returned to us shortly. Five days later, I contacted them and asked If they had sent back decision. This time they gave me the following answer:

The decision was made, however, as a standard procedure we review decisions before they are sent to applicants. We are again advised to wait this time. What I really don't understand is a review after decision. Is it normal? Why do they use word shortly/soon when they almost use one week for review after the decison is made? May be this is standard procedure? I am not sure.....

Do you know how much time is normal for review?

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:So you called them and they said the decision was made.

5 days later what happened? What exactlydid they say?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:23 pm

In general I think it is not normal. UKBA would mess up less often if they did more reviews I suspect.

Is the EU citizen with the family, or already in the UK?

siv123

Post by siv123 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 pm

No. The EEA citizen is not in the UK and will travel together with his family to UK.

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:In general I think it is not normal. UKBA would mess up less often if they did more reviews I suspect.

Is the EU citizen with the family, or already in the UK?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Please tell us about the relationship of the family members to the Eu citizen. Simple relationships like children and spouse?

Also, what is the EU citizenship?

venusz79
Newly Registered

interview

Post by venusz79 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:35 pm

hi guys

well my husband just got phone call today from the UK embassy from Istanbul to go there next week for an interview. Apparently they concerned about our marriage, and the fact the he was married 10y ago to an irish woman, after 3 years they divorced. got a son but he has not in touch with them. we put this on the application as well and they also that he has does not know the address which is true. I had a phone call on Tue at my work asking if im his wife, his date of birth and if i will be supporting him when he comes to UK. we gave them bills, phone bills, marrige certificate, photos, my employment contract, my tenancy agreement.

Did any of your non eea fmm experienced something like this? pls advise as im very worried now....he must make his way before xmas as we are going home to my country (EU)

thanks.

siv123

Post by siv123 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Relationship: Spouse, children, dependent parents

Citizenship: Norwegian
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Please tell us about the relationship of the family members to the Eu citizen. Simple relationships like children and spouse?

Also, what is the EU citizenship?

siv123

Re: interview

Post by siv123 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Your husband must provide UK embassy the divorce order for his first marriage.

venusz79 wrote:hi guys

well my husband just got phone call today from the UK embassy from Istanbul to go there next week for an interview. Apparently they concerned about our marriage, and the fact the he was married 10y ago to an irish woman, after 3 years they divorced. got a son but he has not in touch with them. we put this on the application as well and they also that he has does not know the address which is true. I had a phone call on Tue at my work asking if im his wife, his date of birth and if i will be supporting him when he comes to UK. we gave them bills, phone bills, marrige certificate, photos, my employment contract, my tenancy agreement.

Did any of your non eea fmm experienced something like this? pls advise as im very worried now....he must make his way before xmas as we are going home to my country (EU)

thanks.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Spouse and children should be very straight forward.
Dependent parents can be simple or complicated.

I would tend to suspect that review is good news. More eyes on the problem seems to lead to better UKBA decisions. I think I may be an optimist. But in reality I can not read the tea leaves well enough to be reliable.

siv123

Post by siv123 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Perhaps your judgement is correct. We must wait and see the outcome. However, I have read many cases on this forum where UKBA clearly violates the free movement of EEA/EU citizens and their family members. Their agenda on many occasions unfortunately seems to discourage free movement of family members.
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Spouse and children should be very straight forward.
Dependent parents can be simple or complicated.

I would tend to suspect that review is good news. More eyes on the problem seems to lead to better UKBA decisions. I think I may be an optimist. But in reality I can not read the tea leaves well enough to be reliable.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:01 pm

I am very interested to see the results.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: interview

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:27 pm

[quote="siv123"]Your husband must provide UK embassy the divorce order for his first marriage.

[quote="venusz79"]hi guys

thanks.[/quote][/quote]

It sounds like they want to make sure that your husband's first marriage was terminated. Now, Ireland had (and has) some very strict divorce laws that may matter to the Irish citizen on remarriage. Where did the divorce happen, is there a divorce certificate confirming that the first marriage is dissolved? Normally on remarriage one has to prove that one is allowed to remarry by producing divorce cert and the like. What did you do in your case?

venusz79
Newly Registered

Post by venusz79 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:28 am

they got married in Cork and divorced there. He came back to turkey and she and her father did all the paperwork. He only received a latter from the solicitor to say, that they are divorced 2005 ( she is married already). we did not give them this letter, but he will take it now. they are conserened that our marriage is not true!!!! we are in touch every day via phones mainly! our phone bills are so high! i have attached the bill. i was with his family 2 weeks, his friends, he met my friends, ect....im so worried as i cannot be without him longer:(

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:27 pm

You need to be aware that a previous marriage needs to be dissolved before a new one can be made. Your spouse should have received a divorce certificate on divorce. If he was divorced in Cork you could ask the registrar there for a copy.

How did you manage to marry in the first place? To do so, normally one needs not to be married. I know there are some cultures that permit polygamy and might not be concerned, but you are applying to come to the UK.

venusz79
Newly Registered

Post by venusz79 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:13 pm

thanks. dont worry, this is not pologamy. we went to the council where they have given him a paper that say that he is divorced.

his ex wife father did all the paper work. he has a letter from the court about it, we did not attached.

will see what will be the outcome.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 pm

[quote="venusz79"]thanks. dont worry, this is not pologamy. we went to the council where they have given him a paper that say that he is divorced.

his ex wife father did all the paper work. he has a letter from the court about it, we did not attached.

will see what will be the outcome.[/quote]

I would not have suggested that it was polygamy. You don't need to convince me, but an ECO.

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Didn't you receive a letter informing you in relation to the progress time ?

I thought it was standard for the embassy / home office to send a letter advising of the duration it takes to process applications.

Just wait and see.
:D

siv123

Post by siv123 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:11 pm

No. They never sent any letter. What is max allowed proccessing time?

princedante wrote:Didn't you receive a letter informing you in relation to the progress time ?

I thought it was standard for the embassy / home office to send a letter advising of the duration it takes to process applications.

Just wait and see.
:D

venusz79
Newly Registered

advise

Post by venusz79 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 pm

hello...my husband was on interview last week in Istanbul at UK embassy. ..now they called him again to go there next week. the lady told her that the dicision is made within 2-3 days but it is now a week!!!

do u have any idea or have u experienced something like this?