ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and PSW and visitor visa possible?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gulshan Grover
Newly Registered

ILR and PSW and visitor visa possible?

Post by Gulshan Grover » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi My PSW visa is valid until 14th of July, 2011. I will complete 10 years continuous and legal stay in sep, 2011.

1. I have permanent resident of Canada and I have PR card and currently residing in Canada. I still have Indian Passport. Can I apply for UK visitor visa from Canada now?

2. Once I complete sep, 2011, I want to apply for ILR in the UK. Is UKBA going to consider that visiting stay and approve my ILR?

Please reply sushd mehta or anyone. I really do not like Canada. I love UK.I spent there almost 10 years.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 am

For how long have you been residing in Canada?

Gulshan Grover
Newly Registered

Post by Gulshan Grover » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Dear Vinny thanks for your reply. Can I apply for visitor visa from Canada now? I am currently residing in Canada. Visitor visa will be granted for 6 months minimum. If my visitor visa is approved do I have to be in the UK during my ILR application?

What other option is left for me? Please tell. I do not like Canada. UK's technology is more advanced compared to Canada.

Please reply.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Gulshan Grover wrote:If my visitor visa is approved do I have to be in the UK during my ILR application?
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:28 am

Gulshan Grover wrote:Dear sir,

I have spent 9 years 9 months in the UK. My status include student + SEGS+ Student + PSW. My UK visa expired in July 2011. I have got Permanent Resident of Canada and I am currently living in Canada. I landed in Canada 6 months ago. Unfortunately, I don't like Canada at all. I feel UK is heaven. Is there any way I can get UK's ILR? or what other options available for me to get UK's ILR?

Sush D Mehta, Vinny or anyone please advice.

Thanks in advance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 am

What was the date of your most recent exit from UK?

Gulshan Grover
Newly Registered

Post by Gulshan Grover » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:25 am

sushdmehta wrote:What was the date of your most recent exit from UK?
I left UK on 22 June, 2011.
thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:53 pm

vinny wrote:Visitor status may be included under Long residence. However, a visitor applying for ILR may be refused under 322(7) because of 41(i) & (ii), unless there was a relevant change in circumstances.
So, settlement application when in UK as a visitor may not be successful. You need to figure out if you qualify for leave under any other immigration category, and if you do, you should apply for entry clearance.

Either way, you must return to UK before 21-Dec-2011 (within six months of most recent exit) if you wish to qualify for settlement under long residence.