ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Treatment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Urgent Treatment

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:11 am

Is it mandatory/compulsary to provide evidence along with HSMP Urgent Treatment Form?

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:17 am

No it is not at all imp. to provide any evidence with the Urgent Treatment Form and you just have to specify the reason and if u have any proof to support it then there is no harm in providing it also. I have recently got an Urgent Treatment of my case (FLR) and I just mentioned my business visit as the visa was already stamped on my passport which was with them…the reason should sound logical to them and that’s it…

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:56 pm

I think your case is different. You apply for FLR means extension to your HSMP residence permit (not new HSMP application). In general quite reasonable number of people get FLR within 1 week some even within days, this is common. If your case is easy to be deternined for extension, urgent treatment is irrelevant because you will get it within days anyways without urgent treatment.

So in your case it is not clear yet, whether it is because of urgent treatment.

Pantaiema

Ashekt wrote:No it is not at all imp. to provide any evidence with the Urgent Treatment Form and you just have to specify the reason and if u have any proof to support it then there is no harm in providing it also. I have recently got an Urgent Treatment of my case (FLR) and I just mentioned my business visit as the visa was already stamped on my passport which was with them…the reason should sound logical to them and that’s it…

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:56 pm

I am speaking about the FLR(IED) application which is filed after you completes 1/2 years on ur HSMP visa...If you look at the HO site and also this forum then u will know how long it is taking to process the application (9 weeks!!!)...people who have filed in August are still waiting for the results and I have filed in Sep and got my results in almost 20 days...it was just b'coz of the Urgent Treatment Form that my case was decided so quickly....

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:12 pm

Dear Ashekt

As Imentioned before, many people get their extension FLR(IED) within a week (some even within days), without urgent treatment. So If you get your FLR(IED) within 20 days it is normal.

Even without urgent treatment, if ythe person present his case very weel (submit all the necessary documents to make quick decision) you will get decision within 1 week.

You could see from the attached quotation. You could see from the following the sticky topic in this forum:

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3455

I quote some case (as below).

You said that taking to process the application for FLR(IED) (9 weeks!!!). But you need to remember that FLR(IED) is not only for HSMP holder but also from orther categories such as
-Work permit - main scheme (including Sports and Entertainment)
-Work permit - sector based scheme
-TWES
-SAWS

So the above figures is the avarage for all applicants not only HSMP. The HSMP is expected to do a better JOb then the above mentione categories.

I herewith attached the quotation:

1. Tgs Member Joined: 04 Apr 200 Posts: 8 Location: London Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:54 pm Post subject:
I sent my application on 15 March.
They approved it on 21 March.

2. LA_Mike Member Joined: 29 Mar 2004 Posts: 50

10 May 05 Sent application via royal mail special delivery
11 May 05 application received
12 May 05 payment deducted
18 May 05 received passport with residency permit with 3 year LTR (3 years from date of HSMP expiry) and original documents

3. kkarank_71 Newbie Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Posts: 6 Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:48 pm Post subject:
Hi All.
Just thought i would update you all that i have received my HSMP Extension -
1) Application sent on April 18
2) Application received by HO in Walsall on April 19
3) Return documents(with stamped passport) received on April 29

4. mobis007 Newbie Joined: 29 May 2005 Posts: 2 Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:17 pm Post subject: Got extension
Applied on 19 May
Confirmation letter received on 24th
Received all passports and original docs on 27th.

5. Sampan Newbie Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Posts: 9 Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:15 pm Post subject:
Application sent : 23 May,05
Received by HO : 24 May,05
Got passport(s) back : 27 May, 05

6. nazam Junior Member Joined: 13 Mar 2005 Posts: 16
Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:16 pm Post subject: Extension approved
Application sent : 24 May,05
Received by HO : 25 May,05
Got passport(s) back : 01 June,05

7. mnstar Newbie Joined: 03 Jun 2005 Posts: 4 Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:58 pm Post subject:
HSMP Extension granted. Yeah!
Application sent by special deivery on 24 May 05
Payment taken on 26 May 05
Confirmation of Receipt arrived on 1 June 05
Passports received on 2 June 05 with 3 years extension

8. Leact Newbie Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 1
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:00 pm Post subject:
Application sent : 28 May,05
Received by HO : 01,June 05
Got passport(s) back : 03 June,05

Pantaiema

Ashekt wrote:I am speaking about the FLR(IED) application which is filed after you completes 1/2 years on ur HSMP visa...If you look at the HO site and also this forum then u will know how long it is taking to process the application (9 weeks!!!)...people who have filed in August are still waiting for the results and I have filed in Sep and got my results in almost 20 days...it was just b'coz of the Urgent Treatment Form that my case was decided so quickly....

ib
Newly Registered

Post by ib » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Hi Pantaiema if you notice all those cases are last year, here is a direct announcement - http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... tions.html

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:41 pm

FLR(IED) is not only for HSMP holder but also from orther categories such as
-Work permit - main scheme (including Sports and Entertainment)
-Work permit - sector based scheme
-TWES
-SAWS

HSMP is sometime easier to decide aprt from the above mentioned category, because it is expected that the person is aworking on HSMP level job.

Also please note that I did not say that people do not need to submit urgent treatment. The example that I give is that, just to show that if the person send urgent treatment and get approval in 20 days, it is not clear yet, Whether it is the result of urgent treatment or it is the normal circumstance. Unless there is a clear letter/statement from HSMP team mention that the result t is because of "urgent treatment request" that was submitted.

Also this is to response the question from "rizwan567"

"Is it mandatory/compulsary to provide evidence along with HSMP Urgent Treatment Form?"

If a person submit urgent treatment without submitting evidence/proof and get 20 days, it is not clear yet, Whether it is the result of urgent treatment or it is the normal circumstance ?.

Pantaiema

ib wrote:Hi Pantaiema if you notice all those cases are last year, here is a direct announcement - http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... tions.html

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:38 am

I agree to what you say, but irrespective of the fact that you are an HSMP holder or any other schemes under FLR(IED), everybody is affected these days by the backlog and the delays are occuring to all the applications...I could sfaely say that my case was treated urgently as a week back when I asked the customer care desk of HO they said it will take arnd 9 weeks and when due to my Urgent business travel I submitted my form on 20th Sep the decision was made on 22nd Sep….infact if you look at the Urgent treatment form they have reduced the reasons of treating the case urgently and it applies to everybody….people in this forum who have posted their applications in August have still not got their decisions…yes the decisions have been taken quickly in past but there are delays observed recently…

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Dear Ashekt

Actually my answer refer to the original post about whether we need Evidence for urgent treatment but the discussion is extended further.

I do not know more accurately about your case. But I still believe that people need to submit evidence for urgent treatment. This is common sense if someone does not submit evidence:

- How did they decide whether the case is genuine or not ?.
- If everybody could ask for urgent treatment without evidence what left then??, What is the point to offer urgent treatment ??
- How to maintain application processing time fairly?

Pantaiema

Ashekt wrote:No it is not at all imp. to provide any evidence with the Urgent Treatment Form and you just have to specify the reason and if u have any proof to support it then there is no harm in providing it also. I have recently got an Urgent Treatment of my case (FLR) and I just mentioned my business visit as the visa was already stamped on my passport which was with them…the reason should sound logical to them and that’s it…

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:13 pm

Ashekt wrote:I agree to what you say, but irrespective of the fact that you are an HSMP holder or any other schemes under FLR(IED), everybody is affected these days by the backlog and the delays are occuring to all the applications...I could sfaely say that my case was treated urgently as a week back when I asked the customer care desk of HO they said it will take arnd 9 weeks and when due to my Urgent business travel I submitted my form on 20th Sep the decision was made on 22nd Sep….infact if you look at the Urgent treatment form they have reduced the reasons of treating the case urgently and it applies to everybody….people in this forum who have posted their applications in August have still not got their decisions…yes the decisions have been taken quickly in past but there are delays observed recently…
Can you explain how can you request urgent treatment when applying for HSMP visa without proof??

I read this thread and you are still refering about ugrent treatment to the FLR application where as the OP is applying for HSMP.

If it was possible to request for urgent treatment for HSMP application without proof, every applicant would do that...

maar

Post by maar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:25 pm

I did send urgent treatment form to HSMP department without proof saying that my VISA is getting expired shortly and need to go back to my country if don't HSMP result before that and apply for FLR...

next day itself I got the results.... but it all depends on the case worker to decide, some times they may accept and some times they might not accept it

If you don't have any proof, nothing wrong in sending without proof.... if your luck is good they will consider otherwise not...

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:15 pm

maar wrote:I did send urgent treatment form to HSMP department without proof saying that my VISA is getting expired shortly and need to go back to my country if don't HSMP result before that and apply for FLR...
that is actually a proof ... a proof need not be a job offer only....

btw were you in working when you sent your HSMP application?