ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for 4year old born outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iluvGB
Newly Registered

BC for 4year old born outside UK

Post by iluvGB » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi there,

Just wanted to check something. I am in the process of applying for BC for myself and wife (HSMP JR +1 year ILR) and had 2 questions

1) my daughter who is 3 years old, was not born in the UK. I understand I have to use MN1 form for registration -Can this application be made at the same time as parents applying for Citizenship ?

2) for professional referees, who is the best person - she is currently going to a Nursery, but has been there only for 6 months - is it good enough for asking her teacher to fill in the form? I was hoping for a family friend, who's is British Citizen (and a Doctor)to sign as the second referee. Is that OK?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: BC for 4year old born outside UK

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:40 pm

iluvGB wrote:1) my daughter who is 3 years old, was not born in the UK. I understand I have to use MN1 form for registration -Can this application be made at the same time as parents applying for Citizenship ?
Yes. You will need to pay a separate fee for registration.
2) for professional referees, who is the best person - she is currently going to a Nursery, but has been there only for 6 months - is it good enough for asking her teacher to fill in the form? I was hoping for a family friend, who's is British Citizen (and a Doctor)to sign as the second referee. Is that OK?
Both are fine.