ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa for UK based applicants with EEA residence perm

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

atenolol
Newly Registered

Tourist Visa for UK based applicants with EEA residence perm

Post by atenolol » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi guys! Are there any people on this forum who have successfully applied for a US tourist visa from the UK while holding a EEA residence permit? If so, what sort of documents did they show and what sort of questions did they ask at the interview? I have realised mos people post questions about the visa process itself but no one actually writes what the outcome was (i.e. if the visa was granted or not). Thanks in advance for any replies

oflondon

Post by oflondon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:25 am

hey,
I was holding 5 years EEA residence card( I'm a Nigerian ) when i applied for U.S tourist visa in 2009 and I was issued a 2 year B1/B2(business/tourist)visa.
1)
Firstly,If your passport shows how you entered the U.K legally before obtaining the residence card you stand the chance. I came to the U.K in 2006 with EEA family permit and later applied for 5 years residence card here in U.K. A friend of mine applied in January this year on 5 years residence card and was refused based on the fact that his passport did not show how he legally entered the U.K before applying for his 5 years residence card.
2)
Secondly,It's advisable to have been resident in U.K for about 3-4 years before you apply.
3)
Thirdly, you need to have sufficient ties to the U.K that will compel you to return after you temporary stay in U.S. Ties such as family,full-time employment,social ties,economic ties, financial ties and so on. You really have to convince them that you have all these ties and present the documents.
4)
Be confident ---- dont't be surprised they might ask you how you met your EEA spouse. I was asked this question and i was really confident to answer them. Please make eye to eye contact when they are asking questions.
5)
Travel experience is another advantage. I've been to about 12 european countries before applying.

The questions will last for about 5 minutes or less and please don't give vague and general answers to questions that are asked. Only reply to questions that are asked.
If you can convince them with the above info, you stand the chance of getting the visa. Please message me if you need more info. Goodluck