ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalvian

Spouse Visa from India

Post by kalvian » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Dear All
I am UK citizen (Post HSMP)) and getting married in 2 months

I would like to know the relevant information about papers for sponsoring visa for my wife. I looked at UKBA and forum and have the following queries

1. Does one need English language test even if they did Masters in English medium
2. If so which is type of English test does one need to do
3. Time Frame for Visa - when applying from India

Would be glad if some one can guide me with this

Cheers
Kalvian

manohar26

Post by manohar26 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 am

1)She needs to get a letter frm uni stating that the masters was taught in English medium and and she has to submit all the original masters certificate..What about her bachelors degree??? Wasn't it taught in English??

2) Around 2-3 months if applied in India...

kalvian

Post by kalvian » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:56 am

Thanks for the information, Hopefully can avoid the exam (Main problem was passport as she just applied for Passport and all exams like IIELTS and TOEFL were asking passport as valid ID proof)

Now will have to figure out if University need to give the letter in particular format or template

Bachelors was also in English, basically since schooling in English med as its common in Hyderabad

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 am

Recent timelines for people applying from south India are 15-20 working days.

manohar26

Post by manohar26 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:32 pm

yes...The visas are issuing within 10 working days if applied from South India

kalvian

Spouse Visa from India

Post by kalvian » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Hello Manohar

Thanks for the useful information

I am currently in process of getting some information about english language, whether letter from college stating that education at bachelors and masters in English medium is adequate or if test like KET is sufficient.

IELTS might take more time as to register for IELTS Passport is mandatory and the waiting time for passport in Hyderabad is quite long even through agents and tatkal....

manohar26

Post by manohar26 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 pm

From which university she completed her B.com?? If that uni is approved by ukba and if she is getting 10 marks for english language ...Then letter frm uni stating her degree was taught in English Medium, her original degree certificates and the print out of ukba for 10 points for English Language...

The above are sufficient to meet the English language requirement for a spouse visa applied within or outside the country....

Please get back to me if u need more info or any queries about the english requirement