ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa extension Reject

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

student30
Newly Registered

Student Visa extension Reject

Post by student30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi all, my student visa application is rejected on basis that I submitted bank statement that was printed on-line (UK bank account) however my statement was signed by bank manager with the stamp and also my starting balance was 43p. However i received money from my father and kept maintaince funds in the account more then 28days when statement was printed. is there a policy that states that maintaince funds should be build up slowly. Can you please advice me if this is rejection was correct? should I re-apply with new bank statement, which actually printed with bank headers etc or shall I ask for administartion review?

Please help

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

the requirement is that you have at least the amount required (fees owed + living costs) for a consecutive 28 day period, not that you gradually build up the money over a 28 day period.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Then why they rejected my application - i had the money for 28 days I am seriously confused and sad and angry....

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:12 pm

i paid my fee in full and had maintaince funds for 28days..... :(

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:13 pm

what was the reason for the refusal.

Did the bank statement have the banks logo on?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:20 pm

So what was the stated reason for the refusal? Tell us the exact text.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:06 pm

"You have claimed 10 points for maintenance. However, the bank statement you have provided does not conform to the acceptable standards as per the published guidance as it appears to be an online self printed statement, furthermore I note that it does not demonstrate the required level of funds. The account shows that the funds fall to 0.84 pence as of the above 16/08/2011 and I note that you printed this statement on 11/10/2011. In light of all above I am not satisfied that you have achieved 10 points under paragraph 10 to 13 of Appendix C and meet the requirements to granted entry clearance under Tier 4 (General) Student. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV(c) of the Immigration Rules."

Please note: I printed bank statement on 11/10/2011 with £1300 in the account for 28days... (i received money from my dad on 10 Sept and put the money in bank). I got bank manager to sign and stamp the on-line statement. submitted my application on 25 of October so statement was 13 days old.. again fee was fully paid in august that's why i was left with Zero.

Please help?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:12 pm

online bank statements need to have the bank's logo -i assume this is why they are saying that the statements do not meet with the guidance although you haven't answered my question about this.

From what date did you have the required funds?

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:13 pm

i banked the funds on 10 Sep - printed bank statement on 11 Oct and submitted application on 24th Oct... got rejected today....

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:14 pm

and the logo??

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Yes it did had logo

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:29 pm

did the statement have your name and account number?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:00 pm

How you can request an AR for extension application?

How they can use 'entry clearance' wording in 'leave to remain' application?

How they can refer to a date which is 28 days before the application submission date?

And..

If you have submitted your application on 25th October, why did you provide bank statement from August?
Last edited by Deviser on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Yes my bank statement has my name and account number with all the other information that is required.

Secondly, I just printed out my statement as it is no longer that 2 pages on all. So yes in times when I couldn't receive amount from my home country it did went to some pence, but surely it happened much before than that and I clearly showed required funds which were £1200 for 2 months.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Deviser - the statement was dated from 4th August to 11th Oct - maybe i should have given the statement for just 28 days? do you agree?

because my visa expired and i came Pak for fresh entry. did this meant that i lost my established presence in UK cos my visa expired?i should have shown 600x9 rather then 1200 i think i was given incorrect information from university immigration staff...who said i just need 1200 for re-apply i think she given this advice on basis that i still have established presence in UK. i am soo confused i dont know what is going on.....

Thank you guys for reading this.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Yes - you lost your established presence because you didn't have current leave to enter/remain at the time of your application, as per paragraph 14 of Appendix C

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:50 pm

thank you - I need to re-apply, is there any time restriction i cant make new application again.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:00 pm

also I don't have bank account which holds the kind of money i need to apply for visa again.

1) - can I use my dad bank account? I'm master student and obviously over age of 25. Or account need to be on my name

2) - If i can use my dad bank account, do i need letter from him saying that he will support me?

3) - do i need to prove that he is my dad if so what documents will i need to prove this relationship.

Many thanks

thebuffy
Newly Registered

Post by thebuffy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 pm

student30 wrote:also I don't have bank account which holds the kind of money i need to apply for visa again.

1) - can I use my dad bank account? I'm master student and obviously over age of 25. Or account need to be on my name

2) - If i can use my dad bank account, do i need letter from him saying that he will support me?

3) - do i need to prove that he is my dad if so what documents will i need to prove this relationship.

Many thanks
....sorry did i misunderstanding of your question? you have said earlier that your visa expired and came back for fresh entry - -? why did you came back to renew your visa if it was expired ?

1) I don't think the age will affects of applying the tier 4, and if you use one of your parent account, you need to get a birth certificate.

2) If you insists to use your dad account, then yes, you need a letter from him.

3) A birth certificate and a letter that your father will support you?

4) Is your visa expired or no?

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:32 am

Well here is the story – I have been lazy getting my visa extended – my visa expired on 30 Sep. I paid the university fee thinking that I will just book an appointment on 28th Sep etc and get my visa extended in a day. I was waiting for my dad to send me maintaince funds in my account unfortunately for me I received the funds on 10 sep so the funds were not in my account for 28 days (I needed 10 more days) so I couldn’t put in application to extend and I would have been overstayed if I don’t put my application through.. So i left UK.

Before I left UK I asked the university advisory to advice me on my visa situation the lady helped me with CAS letter and etc… i booked appointment in application centre and applied for my visa submitted all the paper work, which got rejected because there are insufficient funds in my account… The lady told me I need £1200 in my account - happy me thinking yes I have enough in my account. She missed the point that my visa will expire by the time I re-apply so I no longer have established presences.

I e-mailed her again and she said according to para 26/27 whetever you have no longer established presence you need 600*9 in the account for maintaince and new CAS letter. Seriously she wasted my time and shorten my life spam with all the stress I am in now.. Please note I am not saying she is totally wrong I know it’s my fault as well… it never pays to be lazy.

Therefore I am seeking advice from here... Seem like you guys know what you are talking about.

I don’t want to open account in Pakistan put money in and wait for another 28 days and then apply and wait for another 4 weeks for decision I will be well in end of Jan before I can join my course again. I am not even sure if it is okay to just open an account and put in one lump sum in the account and maintain it for 28 days. Then print a statement for 28 days and use it…. Will that make them suspicious or something????

Instead I want to use my dad’s account and apply so it is quicker I think… but I don’t want to rush and get it wrong again… If you know what I mean – I don’t want to be applying rejected applying rejected applying rejected and then course is over. I want to be graduating in July. Also this whole process is costing money.

Any guidance on what documents I need to re-apply?

What I should look out for while putting these documents together specially CAS letter and bank statement?

Any small point which you think I should be aware of because they might be obvious to you guys but trust me when it comes to immigration I am 100% thick... as you can see if I hear something I just take it I don’t have ability to explore other options.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Actually, a lot of changes in student visa rules creat this thickness around. So its time to consult a good lawyer or you will end up loosing hugh amount by paying visa fee as your case looks complicated.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:48 pm

student30 wrote:Well here is the story – I have been lazy getting my visa extended – my visa expired on 30 Sep. I paid the university fee thinking that I will just book an appointment on 28th Sep etc and get my visa extended in a day. I was waiting for my dad to send me maintaince funds in my account unfortunately for me I received the funds on 10 sep so the funds were not in my account for 28 days (I needed 10 more days) so I couldn’t put in application to extend and I would have been overstayed if I don’t put my application through.. So i left UK.

Before I left UK I asked the university advisory to advice me on my visa situation the lady helped me with CAS letter and etc… i booked appointment in application centre and applied for my visa submitted all the paper work, which got rejected because there are insufficient funds in my account… The lady told me I need £1200 in my account - happy me thinking yes I have enough in my account. She missed the point that my visa will expire by the time I re-apply so I no longer have established presences.

I e-mailed her again and she said according to para 26/27 whetever you have no longer established presence you need 600*9 in the account for maintaince and new CAS letter. Seriously she wasted my time and shorten my life spam with all the stress I am in now.. Please note I am not saying she is totally wrong I know it’s my fault as well… it never pays to be lazy.

Therefore I am seeking advice from here... Seem like you guys know what you are talking about.

I don’t want to open account in Pakistan put money in and wait for another 28 days and then apply and wait for another 4 weeks for decision I will be well in end of Jan before I can join my course again. I am not even sure if it is okay to just open an account and put in one lump sum in the account and maintain it for 28 days. Then print a statement for 28 days and use it…. Will that make them suspicious or something????

Instead I want to use my dad’s account and apply so it is quicker I think… but I don’t want to rush and get it wrong again… If you know what I mean – I don’t want to be applying rejected applying rejected applying rejected and then course is over. I want to be graduating in July. Also this whole process is costing money.

Any guidance on what documents I need to re-apply?

What I should look out for while putting these documents together specially CAS letter and bank statement?

Any small point which you think I should be aware of because they might be obvious to you guys but trust me when it comes to immigration I am 100% thick... as you can see if I hear something I just take it I don’t have ability to explore other options.
ok, just to make it clear, we have concluded that you were rejected
NOT because you self-printed the application or its logo or how it was stamped by the manager
NOT because the statement started in august
BUT because you lost your established presence and £1300 simply wasn't enough
correct me if I am wrong.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi sagareva,
Think so- I got rejected because I lost my established presence as my visa expired when I re-applied so according to that I didn’t have enough funds available.

below long winded paragraph does mean that I think
"You have claimed 10 points for maintenance. However, the bank statement you have provided does not conform to the acceptable standards as per the published guidance as it appears to be an online self printed statement, furthermore I note that it does not demonstrate the required level of funds. The account shows that the funds fall to 0.84 pence as of the above 16/08/2011 and I note that you printed this statement on 11/10/2011. In light of all above I am not satisfied that you have achieved 10 points under paragraph 10 to 13 of Appendix C and meet the requirements to granted entry clearance under Tier 4 (General) Student. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV(c) of the Immigration Rules."

Anyway I will be applying again soon – i am waiting for 28 days bank statement.

last question I had medical test (before I applied for last visa which was rejected) – do I need to re-take medical test before I apply again – I think medical certificate will be 3 months old next month.

student30
Newly Registered

Is it true?

Post by student30 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:01 am

Thank you all for your time to give me feedback and replies to me queries, I appreciate that.

Well for now, as I have applied again for the extension, made application on 12 Jan 2012 and received a notice that my processed application is returned to AC..like just in 5 days UKBA took decision, where they say they need 15 working days...

I am confused, and a bit scared that this shouldn't be a refusal again..as I have now met all the requirements, maintenance, CAS...everything.

Can you peeps out there please tell me that this is nothing to worry about...or should I be worried.. ??

Thanks.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 am

I would highly appreciate if someone can help me out in this matter...

Thinking of just 5 days to make a decision, makes my heart sink. :cry: