ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working holiday weird after appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t-bag

Working holiday weird after appeal

Post by t-bag » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:02 pm

Dear All,
This is my situation :
i made an application which was refused for a working holiday, but i initially applied for 6 moths after my appeal was successful, the emabssy gave me 6 months on my visa. Thta's weird as the working holiday is valid for 2 years (1 year work and 1 year holiday); the question is : why did they give me 6 months on my visa instead of 2 years?? Or is it only the entreance validation?
And that question about going out of the country and when u come back they give you 6 more month; does this still apply?
Please answer me asap.

Regards

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:15 am

From what I understand, you asked for 6 months and that is what they gave you.

Is there a reason you did not ask for 24 months?

I'm uncertain if you can get this modified now. If you are eligibale for a second working Holiday visa, or an extension. I suspect you will be going through the process again, beginning in about 4 1/2 months.

Unless I do not understand this correctly ...

As far as entering & leaving, I'm not sure if this visa requires a specific multiple-entry request/authorization or if multiple-entry is automatic.

I am pretty sure you do not get another 6 months without having to get approval/visa extension/renewal or possibly an entire new visa. When the expiration date is reached, that's the end of the visa & you need a new mechanism for entry.

The Admin

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:31 pm

Admin,

This is true. The OP needs to make a fresh application for another WHV if he wants to continue under that category after the expiration of validity period. He has to go through the application process again.

I had a friend who was issued 6 months many years ago when we were students in another foreign country to come to the UK. His next application was granted for a period of 18 months since he had already exhausted 6 months with the first application.

Hope this helps. :P
Praise The Lord!!!!

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Hi there, thanks SO MUCH for ur answers, but, the thing is that i know and it's obvious that after u've been granted your 2 years WHV, you cannot extend it; but what if you only got granted 6 moths after the aappeal. I mean, is there a way to extend it while in the uk, to make it fill the 1 and 1/2 years remaining?? I mean, at the time i made my application, i applied INITIALLY and i stated it in my application for 6 months, thus i knew that the WHV was for 2 years and i also stated that although i am aware of that, i just want to go for 6 moths FIRST than as it's a 2 yrs WHV, i'll be able to come back for holidays for a period of 2 years. I know it's a bit messy, but i hope you understand me.
On my visa, they put a 6 moths validity, but they stated no recourse to public funds for FULL 2 YRS and work restricted to 1YR
This is weird, really.