ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Name Issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MAChin
Newly Registered

ILR Name Issue

Post by MAChin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 am

Hi There,

When I came to UK in 2003 my passport had name like Ali Iqbal Raja.
So all my banks and other proofs of address have this name as well. Latter I renewed my passport and they removed my surname and used my name as Ali Iqbal in the passport. I didn't even noticed it and I never had any issue while travelling or visa, where as my bank statements still had three names. On my new passport I got my WP, then HSMP, Tier 1 general, and used new bank statements, where as passport had Ali Iqbal and bank statements had Ali Iqbal Raja, No problem any where.

Now I have to apply for ILR in feb. I had issue with taking my life in the UK test, they said your name is different on the bank statement and passport so you can take the test. I change my name in the bank to match my new passport name i.e. Ali Iqbal, first name and surname as Iqbal.

As fir ILR I have to score earning points, and have to show last 12 months bank statements, now half of those bank statements have Ali Iqbal Raja and half of them has Ali Iqbal as my name, where as account number etc is same on both. Name on my all wage slips is Ali Iqbal.
Could this be an issue ? is it possible that they refuse to give me earning points saying that half of your bank statements name does not match your passport name ?

thanks

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 pm

I dont know. But if you ask the bank to resend the statements again, it will have your new name. At least this is what I would expect it to work as for Lloyds TSB.

MAChin
Newly Registered

Post by MAChin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:11 pm

I asked HSBC and LLOyds, they said name on the old statements won't change. the new one are showing my new name.
have u ever ordered from lloyds ??