ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa after PSW is closed in April?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Riyadhian
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa after PSW is closed in April?

Post by Riyadhian » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:42 am

Hi,

My question is, I am currently waiting for my PSW visa (in country) to be approved if everything goes OK. I am getting married back home in May 2012. As the PSW route will be closed in April, will that also be closed for any new dependent Application for entry clearance (wife in this case) in this category, even when I will be on the PSW visa?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:48 am

I don't think so. Existing Tier 1 (PSW) migrants should be able to sponsor their dependants' entry clearance application.

But the devil lies in the detail, which will only be known closer to April 2012.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Riyadhian
Newly Registered

Post by Riyadhian » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:51 am

Thanks for your reply. You are right. I will call UKBA soon to see what they have to say about this and will update it here.

Thanks again.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:00 am

UKBA telephone operators will not be able to advise you on the issue ... not yet at least.

They are known to ill-advise on matters where immigration rules and rules are clear, so you can imagine the kind of answer(s) you'll get about something that has not even been decided yet!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!