ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (IED) - 9 weeks !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ViperWiper

FLR (IED) - 9 weeks !!!

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Folks,

I just spoke to a lady at HO and according to her the current processing time for FLR is 9 weeks. I had sent my passports on 10/08 and that means it will be another month before I get them back. Is it something that others are seeing as well.
Would be grateful if others in the same situation can share their timelines.

Thanks and regards,

P

ramesh_psr
Newly Registered

Post by ramesh_psr » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:10 pm

I have sent my application for HSMP FLR(IED) on 07/08 and still get answer from HO that there is huge backlog and cannot see my applictaion in the system which means it has not been assigned to any caseworkers.

ViperWiper

Ref number?

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your reply. Do you have a refernce number? Also which number did you use to call them? I used the number 0114 207 6017 which is forever busy.

Thanks,

P

KingSD
Newly Registered

Post by KingSD » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:49 pm

Does anyone know if you can apply for a FLR(IED) outside of the US? I am only in the UK for 15 business days in November, and then am off to China for work in December.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:30 am

Hi

Is everybody referring to initial HSMP entry for in-country applicants? Or are you applying for HSMP extensions?

Thanks

ib
Newly Registered

Post by ib » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:09 pm

Yeah i called today with regards to my out of time application (see general forum) and they gave me my reference number and was told there is a huge back log and its taking nine weeks to process why this? after paying 335 is this a way to get us to pay 500 which i would have done had i not been told that it was out of time!

:shock: 9 weeks i hope my employer bears with me and the IO looking at my case has a soft heart that day!

any one got a successful FLR-IED back based on application in September, there is a distinct lack of Work Permit cases here most of it is for HSMP, does it mean that work permit application are more straight foreward! :(

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:31 am

YEs I guess they are pretty staright forward...the only thing they are looking at is that u r economically active and sustain urself and family well in UK...

9 weeks is a big time and i guess they should realize the fact that 'Passport' is a very imp. document and they should avoid keeping it for long...I hope they do something to keep up with their timelines...we can just hope for the best and I am also waiting being a September applicant (2nd Sep)....As my planned travel is very imp., I can't wait for that long and will have to withdraw my application if they do not send it by that time...and apply again when I come back (i'll come back before my Visa expires)...

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:04 pm

Just called up HO to inquire about the status of my application and have come to know that the decision has already been made and i was utterly surprised..the docs will be with me tomorrow through the post paid special delivery envelope which i sent along with the application...
I has sent an urgent treatment form on 20th Sep...but i must say it has moved pretty fast...my decision has been made in virtually 20 days..

Will post the results tomorrow!!!

ib
Newly Registered

Post by ib » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:43 pm

:shock: :D Dude your lucky i think i might look into the urgent treatment form, wow thats great all the best! pls also post your time line!

:? I really dont know if i should use the urgent treatment form and what to base it on i indicated that i would be starting on the 26th of September and the original and photocopy of the contract are in the initial application also i am not sure if i should push then as my FLR-IED application came one month after my visa expired while waiting for the work permit which came in at the same time as i made my FLR-IED application.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:37 pm

Thanks a lot...I will keep u posted on my results, certainly tomorrow...

My timelines are:

Application sent: 2nd Sep
Appliacation received: 4th Sep
Payment confirmed: 5th Sep
Reference no. received: 7th Sep (sent on 5th Sep)
Urgent Treatment Form: 20th Sep
Decision made: 25th Sep or 22nd Sep (don' t know as yet to receive Docs)
Will receive it by tomorrow (26th Sep).

I am a li'l confused with ur query but for the urgent treatment, i told them that I have a business visit to USA and i need passport by 2nd Oct...i have athe business visa already stamped on the passport and I told them to check it as a proof...all i sent was an application form with this reason and nothing else...

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:15 am

I have got my extension till 2010...received my passport today morning by SD... :lol:

I guess I have been a li'l lucky with this as a week back they said 9 weeks to me and I sent an Urgent Treatment Form on 20th Sep and the decision was made on 22nd Sep....it took just 20 days for my application...

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:27 pm

Hello I was approved for HSMP in August. I now have a job and would like to apply for FLR(IED) since I am an in-country HSMP applicant.

What documentation did you send? I have only been employed for 1 month, so I am planning on sending my passport, 2 photos, 1 month bank statement and 1 month payslip. Is that enough documentation?

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:31 pm

I am a li'l confused with your situation...have u been granted HSMP last month and if yes then y do you want to fo for FLR now...it should be done 2 years later....

For the documents, i think they are fine but u need to some some proof of residence like rental agreement or utility bills and some document to prove that you are a tax payer...

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:36 pm

I have been approved for HSMP (Stage 1 of application), you then need to apply for EC (Out-of country applicants) or FLR(IED) (In-country applicants).

I am an in-country applicant, and therefore I would like to apply for FLR(IED).

I will include a council tax bill, but which section of the application is this for? Must I complete section 7, even though I am not applying for HSMP extension.

Which documentation did you provide?

ib
Newly Registered

Post by ib » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:02 pm

Congrats mate :) i just hope that in some weeks i can post a happy response as well.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:06 pm

That's a new peice of info for me that u can obtain the FLR at the first instance rather than EC, but tell me for how long will u be granted FLR as the normal process is to give 2 years to the HSMP applicant to set up and look for a proper skilled job and then apply for extension. If you apply for extension now then will u directly apply for ILR and skip the normal HSMP holder life cycle...

The council bill and rental agreement is just the address proof and they don't require it specifically but i have learnt from this forum only that it is better u send it as they might be interested in knowing how are u staying here and mnagaing accomodation. If you are staying with some relative, a letter will do as they have a section where u need to declare if somebody else is also helping u in UK.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:41 pm

Hi,

Cuberoot - You need not fill Section 7.

Ashekt ,

For anyone who's got an approval basis out-country application, it's EC that one has to apply for, since that person is seeking permission to "enter" UK. For those who have got an approval basis in-country application (i.e.- they are already in UK on some other visa category and allowed to apply for HSMP), one needs to apply seeking permission for further leave to remain (FLR !) in UK. Cuberoot's application is not for HSMP extension but to convert from any other visa category (on basis of which cuberoot is legally staying and working in UK) to an HSMP visa. This is done using the FLR(IED) form. The same form - FLR(IED) is used for many visa categories as well (e.g. - HSMP extension, WP etc.). Initial approval of FLR in UK (for HSMP) is for 2 years. Haven't heard of HO stamping an in-country applicant with a 1 year HSMP visa.

Hope this clarifies !!

regards

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:49 pm

Thank you sushdmehta.

Is the evidence/documentation I am sending sufficient?

1 x covering letter
1 x completed application form
2 x photos with name written on back
1 x passport
1 month bank statement
1 month salary slip
council tax bill

Any other advice, I am employed, so I hope my application will be straight forward.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:57 pm

Hi Cuberoot,

Not had a personal experience yet, but this is what a close friend attached when he applied for FLR a few months (4) ago post HSMP approval :-

1. Duly filled and signed FLR (IED) application form.
2. Passport.
3. Two passport-sized photographs.
4. Original HSMP Approval Letter.
5. Employment Contract.
6. Letter from employer confirming tenure of employment.
7. Original Pay slips covering last 4 months
8. Original bank account statements covering last 4 months
9. Letter to confirm accommodation / tenancy.
10. Prepaid self-addressed special delivery envelope.

In your case, since you've been employed a month, mention that fact in the cover letter so they understand why you haven't included payslips & bank statements to cover 3-4 months.

regards