ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

physku
Newly Registered

Self Employed and ILR

Post by physku » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55 am

I have finished 5 years (2 yrs WP + 3 yrs TIer 1). My funding that paid my salary got over in Aug this year and went on to be self employed and started my own consultancy. However, its a struggle as a startup (sole trader). I Have been attending many business events with the aim of getting new business but 2.5 months is too early. Whats my best option:

a.) Get ILR. Will I get? Should I go to a solicitor. Also as only continuous 12 in last 15 counts and I have enough points. Will I be encouraged as an entrepreneur.
b.) or extend Tier 1.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 pm

1. Yes, if you can score the necessary points that you need. Whether your are currently making money as a self-employed individual or not not relevant (unless you are falling short on points because of previous earnings).
  2. If you qualify for one (extension) then you qualify for the other too (settlement) - ignoring the criminality threshold requirement for settlement, that is.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!