ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund Proofs

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mielsnow
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund Proofs

Post by Mielsnow » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Hello,

My bank has provided a letter detailing everything that needs to be provided in writing for maintenance funds. The one thing they refused to do (for security purposes) was to declare that I had maintained 800 GBP for the 90 consecutive days.

In addition as proof, they provided bank statements on official letterhead, meeting all the Border Agency requirements--but since my statements are issued quarterly, they had to print off more recent ones on plain paper which does not feature the bank logo but does include a stamp from the banker.

Do you think this sounds well and good, or should I ask for something more...?

Best

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:07 am

It will help others respond appropriately if you share the immigration category you applying under and your immigration history in the UK (if any).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Mielsnow
Newly Registered

Post by Mielsnow » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 am

sushdmehta wrote:It will help others respond appropriately if you share the immigration category you applying under and your immigration history in the UK (if any).
I am a Tier 4 student currently applying for Tier 1 post-study work status, as my course ended in Sept 2011.

I reside in the UK at this time, although my visa is set to expire on 21 Jan 2012.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 am

you either need

bank statements, with the logo, name of account holder, account number, name of bank covering the 90 day period

OR

letter from bank on letter heard name of account holder, account number, stating that you held the funds for the 90 day period

a letter from the bank that fails to declare that you have had the funds for 90 days will not be accepted, and neither will bank statements if one set of statements does not include the logo, even if the rest do.

Mielsnow
Newly Registered

Post by Mielsnow » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:12 am

Greenie wrote:you either need

bank statements, with the logo, name of account holder, account number, name of bank covering the 90 day period

OR

letter from bank on letter heard name of account holder, account number, stating that you held the funds for the 90 day period

a letter from the bank that fails to declare that you have had the funds for 90 days will not be accepted, and neither will bank statements if one set of statements does not include the logo, even if the rest do.
They [the bank] (1) refuse to explicate that I have had 800 GBP for the past 90 consecutive days for security purposes, and (2) seem [I know it's mean, but] mentally incapable of printing out a transaction history on paper with the bank logo. They've printed it in two parts--one portion of my statement IS official, as they're issued quarterly, but the other portion looks as though I've downloaded it on my home computer and asked them to stamp it [this second portion does not have the logo, which I know is necessary + they haven't provided]. My parents have gone to speak to them on behalf of my requests, bringing policy guidelines and options that I've specified, but they've still left me missing what UKBA asks for.

I'm hoping for suggestions about the next good move, because the person who issued this (and that's been dealt with twice in person, once over the phone) seems to have her limits, even as bank manager. My funding is located in an overseas bank, which has complicated the process. Anything...?

Thank you