ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependants in India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Venk_it

dependants in India

Post by Venk_it » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi There,

Would need guidance on my sitation for ILR. I am on tier-1 general

I will be eligible for ILR in Jan 2012 along with my dependants who all have visa till Sep 2013.

I am planning to apply in Jan . However during this period my family would be in India and may not be able to join me for application.

If I get my ILR, can my dependants travel from India to the UK with the current Visa they have and then apply for ILR for them.

If yes, please advise what procedures should we go through?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:50 pm

They may be denied entry under 321A(1).
They should apply for entry clearance as family members of a settled person before travelling to UK.

Consider deferring your settlement application until their return to UK (so that you can include them as your dependants in the application, if they qualify at the same time as you).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks Sush.

Is There any email that I can write to confirm if your suggestion holds good in my case?

kishore786
Newly Registered

Similar situtaion

Post by kishore786 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:36 pm

HI Susma,
I was on TIER 1 Visa at the same my wife was given TIER1 dependant visa but in month of april , i was given indefinite leave to remain but my wife is still on tier 1 dependant currently in INDIA.can she come back on tier 1 dependant visa to UK.

as recently i b been to france on same situation i.e I am ILR and my wife was on tier dependant visa but we did not had any problem.

now she will be travelling along with me from INDIA.
is it advisable travelling on tier 1 dependant visa.

your advise greatly appreciated