ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucess @ Solihull PEO - WP + Tier1 (General) Migrant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

am143
Newly Registered

ILR Sucess @ Solihull PEO - WP + Tier1 (General) Migrant

Post by am143 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:15 pm

First of all I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the Moderators, Gurus, members, etc. of this forum for all your valuable suggestions and help. It was really very help full to prepare my ILR case. Alhumdulilha (all praise to be Allah), I have got ILR visa stamped on 21st along with dependents under 5 year category (WP - 3 years + T1(G) - 2years).

I had Solihull PEO appointment 9:00am on 21st. As usual they asked me to come at 8:30am for security check and all. I was there at 8:25 am with all my dependents (Wife & two children). The door opened sharply at 8:30 am and there were three other applicants before me and we went through the security procedure and after that I was given the ticket and I have been asked to take a seat in the waiting area and wait for my turn.

At around 9:10am my ticket number was called and I went to the counter with all my dependents. A gentleman greeted me and asked me who the main applicant is, to which I said I am the main applicant. The caseworker said can you ask you family to take a seat in the waiting area and asked me to take seat in front of the counter. Firstly he asked me what I am applying for and asked me to give the application form and my passport. I said I am applying for ILR with the dependents and I gave him my application form along with the cover letter and my passport. The caseworker returned my cover letter and said he doesn’t need it. After that he asked in which category I am applying. I said under Tier 1 (general) migrant category. He checked my application form and said he has to go through some checks with my passport and took 2 minutes on his computer to do checks. After that he asked me give the following docs:

• My 12 month pay slips and bank statement
• All dependent passports
• Child birth certificates
• Cohabitation documents (I told him I have got utility bills, my wife’s bank statements, voters register letter – he asked have I not got the joint bank statement and joint council tax bills to which I said I do not have them on both names, then he asked to give the latest utility bill, bank statement and voters register letter)
• All photographs

After taking all these documents he looked all my payslips and bank statements and looked on my visas and asked when did I changed my tier1 (general) migrant visa from work permit to which I said last year April. He took 5 minutes to check all other documents. After that he started scanning all photographs and said to me everything is fine and asked me to pay the fees at other counter and come back after 2 hrs to collect the passports with visas and all other documents. That’s it, the whole process took hardly 15 minutes and I think I was first to pay the fees on the fee counter and I can see other people were still sitting on their counter who were called before me. It was very straight forward case. The caseworker did not ask any other documents other than I mentioned above, no photocopies of any documents which I have submitted, though I have taken bag full of documents and photocopies of all of it. I think it depends on caseworker to caseworker and I still suggest taking whatever relevant documents anyone has.

Good luck to all the applicants and I wish you all the best.

Regards
Ahmed

gaku

Post by gaku » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:47 pm

hi am143
congratulation i am very happy 4 u and i agree this is very helpfull platform.good luck

am143
Newly Registered

Post by am143 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:32 pm

gaku wrote:hi am143
congratulation i am very happy 4 u and i agree this is very helpfull platform.good luck
Thank you gaku, yes I also agree.....