ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application form query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

Passport Application form query

Post by n_dinesh » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:50 am

Hello Experts

I am initiating the passport application process using the post office check and send service.Its for a 1st adult passport as I have a approval from home office for citizenship application and completed my oath ceremony.

I have a question with regard to countersignatory certifying one of photos for passport application

As my full name is quite long and would not fit in with the space available on the back of the photograph,would it be fine if I confine my name <<Surname>> and Initials from my First Name

I also had a question with regard to section 4 of the passport application.It requires me to fill in Parent's details for all first time applicants. It seems this section is also applicable for children under 16. I wasn't very sure if I indeed need to fill up this section or is it only meant for applicants applying for child passport. Could experts advise.Thanks

Regards
Dins

ex-immigrant
Newly Registered

Re: Passport Application form query

Post by ex-immigrant » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:27 am

n_dinesh wrote:Hello Experts

I am initiating the passport application process using the post office check and send service.Its for a 1st adult passport as I have a approval from home office for citizenship application and completed my oath ceremony.

I have a question with regard to countersignatory certifying one of photos for passport application

As my full name is quite long and would not fit in with the space available on the back of the photograph,would it be fine if I confine my name <<Surname>> and Initials from my First Name

I also had a question with regard to section 4 of the passport application.It requires me to fill in Parent's details for all first time applicants. It seems this section is also applicable for children under 16. I wasn't very sure if I indeed need to fill up this section or is it only meant for applicants applying for child passport. Could experts advise.Thanks

Regards
Dins
1.Write full name on back of photograph with hyphen use the second line.

2.section 4: you need to write parents details for all first time applicants plus if parents born outside uk, than grandparents details aswell.

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

Post by n_dinesh » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks for the response

I had one more last question. In section 5 "Certification of registration or naturalisation" --> Place of issue. Would the place be the council registrar where I took the oath ceremony ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:51 pm

n_dinesh wrote:Thanks for the response

I had one more last question. In section 5 "Certification of registration or naturalisation" --> Place of issue. Would the place be the council registrar where I took the oath ceremony ?
Whatever is written on the certificate - should be HOME OFFICE LONDON