ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside UK with only 3 months valid VISA.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ronnng

Travelling outside UK with only 3 months valid VISA.

Post by ronnng » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:36 am

Hi there,

me and my boyfriend are planning to go home (Malaysia) end of june 2007 for a short visit (about 3 weeks). i'm a ILR holder and boyfriend is currently under work permit which will expired in nov 2007.. what my question is, coz we are going home in end of june 2007, which leaves only about 3 months valid Visa when we come back to UK, would it be a problem at the immigration? and is likely we would be able to obtain a letter from our company to say that his employment is continuous and he is going to apply for ILR as well in Oct 2007, .... please help !!! :oops:

Thanks
RN

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:00 am

No problem whatsoever, both of your visas are multi-entry. You are absolutely not tied to the UK.

Your boyfriend, how long has he been in the UK?
John

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:07 am

i have a work permit that was expiring in september 2005. i travelled out of the country in august and returned mid-august. 2005. when i returned through Heathrow the immigration person reminded me that my FLR was expiring soon. i told them i had an appointment in a few days to renew- no fuss no muss!

ronnng

Post by ronnng » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:37 am

Great !! Thanks, my bf has been in the UK on work permit since Nov 02, because of the change of rules, he can only apply for ILR after 5 years service, which would be oct next year?? :?:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:45 am

he can only apply for ILR after 5 years service, which would be oct next year??
That is correct. I was checking you realised about the move from 4 years to 5 years.

The application for ILR using form SET(O) should be made in the last 28 days of the 5 year period.
John

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:47 am

i'm in the same prediciment. i moved here in sep 03 and was really looking forward to getting ILR in sep 07, and citizneship in sep 08. was really annoyed/bummed when they changed it to (5) instead of 4 years.

now i may need to leave the company i'm working for and scrampling to figure visas out.

i'm probably going to try for a HSMP or Unmarried Partner visa since i'll have been living with my boyfriend for (2) years in sep 07. but he's a UK Citizen. not sure if you as a ILR can sponsor a UP visa.

yes... under current rules your boyfriend can apply for ILR after (5) years on wp. he can aplly 28 days b/f his visa runs out. If it runs out on 1-Nov-07 then he can apply on 3-Oct-07. he can do this by post or in person.

ronnng

Post by ronnng » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:59 am

Thanks a lot guys. we were just a bit worried about when we coming back to UK might be a problem for him.. but, you guys put our mind in peace. !! LIKE ALWAYS !!.. THANKS AGAIN. :lol: