ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming SSP

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Claiming SSP

Post by rjpanther » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:34 am

I am not sure yet of my husband's status to this, but at the moment I have been searching on how he can claim Statutory Sick Pay.

I asked him if he has a contract with the Agency he is working and he said he signed a contract with them.

My husband got beaten up by some bullies and now he is sick and cannot work I read at directgov how to claim and stuff but still not sure if he qualifies, on monday he will have an operation (thank goodness it is covered by NHS) those guys bullying him is giving him a hard time so now he end up no money at all I have to send him money and his mom sent him as well because he really has zero... and he can't complain to police because those guys are threatening him..... I don't know what to do if the agency will decline his application after the operation for a sick pay.... we are worried that if we claim and submit for ESA that it will affect my application on January for EEA family permit. plus he has a zero balance unless he will be able to work after the operation which is we don't know how much he can earn because he will fly over here in Asia on January and stay here for 3 months to wait with the result of the application and we are hoping that he can fly back to England with me. He's got a ticket already a roundtrip ticket. .....

How do we claim this SSP and what do we do if the Agency(employer) declines.....
We want to claim as well for those days he wasn't able to work before the operation after the incident......