ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my family visitors travel with me?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pied_piper

Can my family visitors travel with me?

Post by pied_piper » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi All,

I am not sure if I could continue in one of my previous posts so I started a new thread for this request.

My in laws have been granted a family visitor visa to see their daughter( my wife) and her faimily and for tourism. Just before they come to visit UK, we would go back home to see my family and we all would be travelling to UK around the same time. I wonder if it is ok for us to travel to UK together with my in laws. Is there anything which can create a problem in their entry to the UK?

Many thanks,
PP

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Can my family visitors travel with me?

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:17 pm

pied_piper wrote:Hi All,

I am not sure if I could continue in one of my previous posts so I started a new thread for this request.

My in laws have been granted a family visitor visa to see their daughter( my wife) and her faimily and for tourism. Just before they come to visit UK, we would go back home to see my family and we all would be travelling to UK around the same time. I wonder if it is ok for us to travel to UK together with my in laws. Is there anything which can create a problem in their entry to the UK?

Many thanks,
PP
why do you think this would create a problem exactly?

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks greenie for your reply. The purpose of their visit mentioned in the forms was to see our family and tourism.

If I were an airport personnel, I might have thought why these people are coming to visit the family in UK now while they have just met back home. Obviously, the second reason of tourism would still hold valid in any case which could be sufficient to visit UK. I don't know if they can still challenge the purpose of visit and might consider the real motive is something else.

I just want to rule out the possibility of an obvious blunder which I may not be aware of.

Cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:51 pm

I think you are looking for problems that aren't there .

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:01 pm

well said Greenie :) As they say prepare for the worst and hope for the best, you are right I am being too much paranoid perhaps.