ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - How early can I apply

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aj_rav
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension - How early can I apply

Post by aj_rav » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:57 pm

My Tier 1 general visa expires on the 22nd April 2012. I have been in UK on this visa since 3 years. Before that I was in the UK for 19 months on a Work Permit.
I would like to know how early can I apply for the extension without affecting the ILR application? I would like to travel to India in March'12, so ideally would like to apply in late Feb'12 or Early March'12 by premium application.

Do I need to start looking for slots for appointments now itself?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:02 pm

You can apply now. Applying sooner than a month before the current leave expires is only a problem if the second term is to complete exactly five years, as this may cause a shortfall. Given that you have 19 months of WP to aggregate together with your Tier 1 (assuming it's a qualifying WP with no breaks) you should not have a problem with a shortfall.