ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bachelor degree requirement for ILR from T1G | Need Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

micky1579
Newly Registered

Bachelor degree requirement for ILR from T1G | Need Help

Post by micky1579 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi,

I am little bit confused by the Bachelor degree related requirement for ILR from Tier 1 (General) and so need help. The requirement is mentioned in Section 9 B3 for SET(O) form

"You can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if you have previously been granted leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) migrant under the rules in place before 31 March 2009 or after 5 April 2010; or as a Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a self employed lawyer."

I got HSMP on 31 march 2008 and moved to Tier 1 (General) on 29 sep 2009. As can be seen my HSMP date is outside the range but T1G date in within the range.

The information on guide notes say

----------
* An applicant will be awarded no points for a Bachelor’s degree if:
(a) his last grant of entry clearance was as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place
between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, or
----------

Since my LAST GRANT OF ENTRY is T1G, does that mean that I will not be able to get points for Bachelor degree for Settlement? Will really appreciate if someone can confirm the same.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:02 pm

micky1579 wrote:Since my LAST GRANT OF ENTRY is T1G, does that mean that I will not be able to get points for Bachelor degree for Settlement? Will really appreciate if someone can confirm the same.
Read carefully - it says "last grant of entry clearance" and not "last grant of entry".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

micky1579
Newly Registered

Post by micky1579 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Many thanks for your response. :)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:27 pm

I am a very similar situation as you. I got HSMP in May 2007 and claimed 30 points for Bachelors Degree and got Tier-1 extension in Apr 2009 and claimed the same 30 points as I was relying on the same degree (didn’t even have to show the evidence as I had already provided it in the original HSMP application).

My ILR is due in May this year (2012) and will claim the same 30 points for the same Bachelors Degree.