ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on EEA family permit. HELP!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yumyum
Newly Registered

Travelling on EEA family permit. HELP!!

Post by yumyum » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:49 pm

I’m a Nigerian citizen married to a Slovenian for 4 years, and we have a 2 year old son. I have a temporary residence card for family member of an EU citizen and a Slovenian Alien’s passport. I recently obtained an EEA family permit on the afore-mentioned passport and I plan to visit my family in the UK for christmas in December. ( My story is a pretty sad and complicated one. My parents and siblings moved to the UK 7 years ago and I was continuously denied a visa every time I applied- 5 times. I was even denied 2 more times after getting married and moving to Slovenia from Poland until someone took pity on me and suggested I apply for an EEA family permit which I had never heard of. My parents and siblings currently hold British passports)
So My husband, Son and I will be travelling together to the UK in December.
Here’s the problem. My husband needs to be in Austria for a very important meeting 3 days after we arrive, and has to return to Slovenia.
My questions are:
1. Will he have any problems leaving the UK without me?
2. Will I have any problems leaving the UK unaccompanied by my husband?
3. In the event that I am allowed to return to Slovenia, will I be allowed back in the UK?
4. Does my son by any chance, pass as my family member?
I would really appreciate any advice whatsoever as we’re really confused about what to do now. We’ve nursed the thought of my husband coming back to pick me up, but it’s all too cumbersome as his company is extremely busy rounding up the books in December. If this is even possible, we’d be willing to turn to it as a last resort.
Help? Anyone? Thanks a gazillion in advance!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:27 pm

I do not know what type of residence permit you have for Slovenia, but let's assume that it lets you in and out of their country.

1. Your husband will have no problem leaving the UK without you.
2. You will have no problem leaving the UK on your own. There are no exit checks from the UK and even if there were you have a right of exit to another EU state.
3. Yes, if accompanying or joining your husband named on your EEA family permit and it has not expired.

yumyum
Newly Registered

Post by yumyum » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Thank you so much EUsmile. I feel a tad relieved. I hold a residence card of a family member of a Slovenian citizen and I've travelled across Europe countless times without my husband.
One more thing I'm also confused about is this landing card. Am I supposed to fill it when I arrive at the border?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:30 pm

[quote="yumyum"]Thank you so much EUsmile. I feel a tad relieved. I hold a residence card of a family member of a Slovenian citizen and I've travelled across Europe countless times without my husband.
One more thing I'm also confused about is this landing card. Am I supposed to fill it when I arrive at the border?[/quote]

no

shark34
Newly Registered

travelling

Post by shark34 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:19 pm

hello.
i have just arrived to join my wife on my eea family permit ( expires in 6 month). we are going to her country (EU) to visit her family.

question:
can i travell on my eea family permit or i need an extra visa
do i need travell insurance as well
what is the next step after 6 month
can i work with this permit

thank you for your advise.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: travelling

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 pm

shark34 wrote:hello.
i have just arrived to join my wife on my eea family permit ( expires in 6 month). we are going to her country (EU) to visit her family.

question:
can i travell on my eea family permit or i need an extra visa
do i need travell insurance as well
what is the next step after 6 month
can i work with this permit

thank you for your advise.
Where are you going?
If to and fro UK and EEU fam permit, then fine you can travel
Apply for residence card
it depends on your circumstances

shark34
Newly Registered

Post by shark34 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:56 am

thanks.

we are travelling to Slovakia. and just wonder if i need travell insurance as i have my eea family permit.

what is the next step? when can i apply and what application?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling on EEA family permit. HELP!!

Post by Plum70 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 pm

yumyum wrote:4.Does my son by any chance, pass as my family member?
Of course! Can't see what else he'll pass as! You are worrying too much - enter the UK with your family permit and exit same. As a family member of a EU national you should have no issues visiting the UK at a later date.