ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Expired

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shumaila28
Newly Registered

GNIB Expired

Post by shumaila28 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:34 pm

I have a convention refugee status(http://bit.ly/o4sqK7) in Ireland.

I was granted this status in 2007. I registered with Gardai and was issued a GNIB Card in 2007. My GNIB card expired in 2008. Unintentionally I made a very big mistake. I totally forgot to renew my card.

I was never asked for it. I worked in IT company from 2007 to 2010 - They didn't ask me. Then I worked in another company from 2010 to 2011 - They didn't ask me it. That's y I totally forgot about the card. Every time I was only asked to give them p45.

I'm now switching jobs and this company has asked me to show the GNIB. Now I don't have the updated one. I'm in trouble. I'm offered job after a series of interview which I worked so hard on. I think now I will be refused because my GNIB is not in date. Further more I can't find my expired card. I only have a copy of it. I'm so disappointed on myself. Surely the biggest mistake of my life.

What to do?

Regards
Shumaila

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:45 pm

contact your local immigration officer. they should direct you who to contact in the department of justice. then you will have to wait for the answer from the department.

shumaila28
Newly Registered

Post by shumaila28 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 pm

agniukas wrote:contact your local immigration officer. they should direct you who to contact in the department of justice. then you will have to wait for the answer from the department.
Am I allowed to take on full time employment during this waiting time?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:27 pm

i think you should contact with gnib office.they will assiast you regarding yours query also make sure contact irish immigrant council and migrant rights.just wondering ........ how some body can forget renew his/her gnib card?

shumaila28
Newly Registered

Post by shumaila28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:20 am

IQU wrote:i think you should contact with gnib office.they will assiast you regarding yours query also make sure contact irish immigrant council and migrant rights.just wondering ........ how some body can forget renew his/her gnib card?
ok.
Yeah I know it is terrible. My fault. Mistakes happen.

AYOUB
BANNED

Re: GNIB Expired

Post by AYOUB » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:20 am

shumaila28 wrote:I have a convention refugee status(http://bit.ly/o4sqK7) in Ireland.

I was granted this status in 2007. I registered with Gardai and was issued a GNIB Card in 2007. My GNIB card expired in 2008. Unintentionally I made a very big mistake. I totally forgot to renew my card.

I was never asked for it. I worked in IT company from 2007 to 2010 - They didn't ask me. Then I worked in another company from 2010 to 2011 - They didn't ask me it. That's y I totally forgot about the card. Every time I was only asked to give them p45.

I'm now switching jobs and this company has asked me to show the GNIB. Now I don't have the updated one. I'm in trouble. I'm offered job after a series of interview which I worked so hard on. I think now I will be refused because my GNIB is not in date. Further more I can't find my expired card. I only have a copy of it. I'm so disappointed on myself. Surely the biggest mistake of my life.

What to do?

Regards
Shumaila
But ignorant of the law is not an excuse my friend for an it expert.
However, i think you have the right to register while waiting for any approval from the department of justice, equality and law reform.

Regulator56
Newly Registered

Post by Regulator56 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Enough of the condemnation, OP has acknowledged his error.

My advise is for you to go to your local Gardai immigration officer asap. Explain your situation to him truthfully and he/she should guide you on further steps to take, my opinion is that the fact that you have been in employment would be a plus in your favour.

AYOUB
BANNED

Post by AYOUB » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Regulator56 wrote:Enough of the condemnation, OP has acknowledged his error.

My advise is for you to go to your local Gardai immigration officer asap. Explain your situation to him truthfully and he/she should guide you on further steps to take, my opinion is that the fact that you have been in employment would be a plus in your favour.
Why did most of you so much believed that, been employed without good character can get you anything in Ireland, so what did you want a student who's entitled for citizenship to do per effort to be economically viable ? :lol:

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:11 pm

AYOUB wrote:

Why did most of you so much believed that, been employed without good character can get you anything in Ireland, so what did you want a student who's entitled for citizenship to do per effort to be economically viable ? :lol:
Angel country would you try and make some sense?
Its never too late

AYOUB
BANNED

Post by AYOUB » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:31 pm

ostrich wrote:
AYOUB wrote:

You're angry of the fact i wrote, by the ways, who's angelcountry anger management ? :lol:

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:19 am

AYOUB wrote:
ostrich wrote:
AYOUB wrote:

You're angry of the fact i wrote, by the ways, who's angelcountry anger
management ? :lol:
Your first response to the post was fine, the second very unnecessary. Keep it sensible. No one is angry or interested in getting you banned. Please just keep it sensible.
Its never too late

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:39 am

angel country again banned