ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klmacko

Employment Letter

Post by klmacko » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:07 pm

I need to know if this would be enough to pass with a caseworker for one of my letters for previous work experience. This was printed on offical letterhead and signed, but I'm concerned it's not enough detail from reading some posting:

"This letter is to confirm that xxxxxxxx work as a consultant, Specializing in Graphic Design and Web Development, on a full time basis from xx/xx/xxxx through xx/xx/xxxx. This graduate level position was responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and implementing websites and applications for clients and required a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in order to obtain this position.

Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned at 610-234-4326 if you need any further information..."

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:27 am

Graphic Designer

Graphic designers put together words and pictures to inform, communicate or persuade. They produce designs for book covers, company logos, brochures, advertising posters, website and CD-ROM pages, magazines and newspapers.
They work in every sector but more often than not in advertising, design or communications agencies and multimedia production companies etc.
This post is graduate level, as they need a degree. Promotion can be to
senior/art director or management. These positions would usually be senior level, but a caseworker should check the job description to assess the post has the required level of skills.

Internet/Web Professional

An internet/web professional may perform one or all of the following roles
• Web designer - responsible for the design, layout and coding of web
pages
• Information architect – plans how the content will be managed/displayed
• Webmaster/developer – dealing with more sophisticated websites that
handle online queries, search engine optimisation and web hosting
• Account project manager – co-ordinating all these aspects over different
projects
In small companies they may have some involvement with delivery and sales procedures
This post is graduate, as it requires a degree. Although, for it to meet
graduate level the job description must show that there is a level of
responsibility. For instance, if the job description indicates that the applicant
is only putting other people’s designs on to the internet it is not likely to be
graduate level. Promotion would be to Project Manager, which we would
assess as senior level, but the caseworker should check the job description to assess the post has the required level of skills

klmacko

Post by klmacko » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Thanks, but if I could write more I would. This was the most they were willing to supply. I need to know if this is enough.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Re: Employment Letter

Post by AkashS » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:28 pm

klmacko wrote:I need to know if this would be enough to pass with a caseworker for one of my letters for previous work experience. This was printed on offical letterhead and signed, but I'm concerned it's not enough detail from reading some posting:

"This letter is to confirm that xxxxxxxx work as a consultant, Specializing in Graphic Design and Web Development, on a full time basis from xx/xx/xxxx through xx/xx/xxxx. This graduate level position was responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and implementing websites and applications for clients and required a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in order to obtain this position.

Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned at 610-234-4326 if you need any further information..."
I believe that ur's shud be Graduate level job as I was doing the same job in my 1st company. I started as Designer and then learnt ASP, VB , JavScript etc, and worked as Web Developer in the same company.

I think you should try to get more details of your job responsibilites. That will surely help.

Akash.....