ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To all those who organised a DHL courier pick-up

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noddy214

To all those who organised a DHL courier pick-up

Post by noddy214 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:22 pm

Hi friends!

While I am still in the que waiting patiently for my turn, HSMP is the only thing playing on my mind. In my attempt to do something more constructive, I tried to find out how to organise a courier pick-up from Home Office, to ensure safety of my original documents.

Based on various messages on this board, I gather DHL is more reliable and hence called them up to find out the procedure. What I was being told is that one needs to have an importer's license as a courier pick-up calls for payment in USD and in India, that is not allowed. Over and above that, they also told me that somebody from the Home Office will have to call them to collect the parcel and they will have to sign off some document out there.

Is there anybody who organised a courier pick-up??? Can you share the procedure with the board. More specifically, is there anybody from India who organised a pick-up.
Hope to see some replies.
Noddy.

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:42 pm

The best thing for a pickup is to arrange for it at the time you send your application. Inform HSMP about it so that they can inform you when your application is ready before they send it.

Ask HSMP to send your documents (by first class post) to a delivery address in UK where you know that someone can help you sign the air way bill and other documnets that the courier company might request from before they pickup your documnets for delivery to you.

This is necessary because Home Office (HSMP) would not sign any form from the courier company for pickup.

That was my experience. the whole process was through within 3days (Using DHL) from HSMP to an address in the UK and then to me in Nigeria.

Take care

God's House
Newly Registered

Post by God's House » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:07 pm

And hopefulkd,

so what is the reply? ie, i take it from your previous post that you have now seen the documents and their decision?

hopefulkd
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulkd » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:57 pm

Yes, I got the documents. The decision was positive. I already have my visa.