ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and dependent visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raheelalam
Newly Registered

ILR and dependent visa

Post by raheelalam » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR based on 10yrs residency.

My wife is also is in the UK as my dependent (Tier 1 - general) but only lived in the UK for less then a year.

Please can you advise:

1) Do i need to fill in the FLR (M) form for my wife's dependent visa and can i apply at the same time when applying for my ILR (using form FRL (O))?

2) Once i got the permanent residence, does it automatically cancel's my wife's dependent visa?

Regards,
Raheel

osteophytes

Re: ILR and dependent visa

Post by osteophytes » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:43 am

raheelalam wrote:Hi,

I am applying for ILR based on 10yrs residency.

My wife is also is in the UK as my dependent (Tier 1 - general) but only lived in the UK for less then a year.

Please can you advise:

1) Do i need to fill in the FLR (M) form for my wife's dependent visa and can i apply at the same time when applying for my ILR (using form FRL (O))?

2) Once i got the permanent residence, does it automatically cancel's my wife's dependent visa?

Regards,
Raheel
She has to use FLR(M) and can apply the same time as you. There is no such thing as automatic cancellation but she should switch to FLR(M) at some time, preferably asap. If she has any plans of going out of UK for a holiday she has to switch prior to that

She can apply for ILR using SET(M) once she completes 2 years as your dependent (this 2 year period can include the 1 yr she has already completed as tier 1 dependent)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:30 am

Long residence ILR applicants use the form SET(O).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raheelalam
Newly Registered

Post by raheelalam » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

both SET (O) and FLR (M) have got different addresses to be sent to. If i am applying for SET (O) and FLR (M) at the same time what address should i send the applications to? and should it be of any problem as they have stated in the guidance that if forms are sent to the wrong address then there may become invalid?

regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:57 pm

If you do not send a form to the address that the form states it must be sent to, then it is highly likely that the application (and the documents included) may get lost! Do you wish to take that risk?

And why don't you want to send the form to the address that it is supposed to be sent to?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

raheelalam
Newly Registered

Post by raheelalam » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 pm

they only reason i wanted to send it to the same address is because my supporting evidance i.e. payslips, bank statements etc should be used to deal with both application form SET (O) and FLR (M)

If i send the forms to different addresses then i will not be able to send the supporting docs with each application.

Or

I should apply for my SET (O) first, get it done and then send the FLR (M) for my wife's dependant visa?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:49 pm

SET(O) -> Section 5 wrote:You are not required to complete this section if you are applying in the ex-HM Forces, long residence in the UK or bereaved partner categories.
SET(O) -> 10A wrote:Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.
So why are you sending payslips and bank statements for your own settlement application under long residence?

raheelalam
Newly Registered

Post by raheelalam » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Because it has asked in Section 5 of SET (O) form about finances, and in Section 10 (Documents) under the heading of 'your finances', page 32, it has asked for the 'Evidance of finances' e.g. pay slips, bank statements as evidance of my ability to maintain and accomodate myself.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Read carefully!