ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application with Past.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ra_one_2011

ILR Application with Past.

Post by ra_one_2011 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am new to this post , appology if this question has been raised before in this forum.
I am coming to an end of my 5years ib Tier-1 visa so i will be eligible to apply for my ILR soon, but 10 years ago i extended my student visa with home office but i never study that time instead i worked and earn money. would this past be a Hindrance to my ILR application. i have worked and lived lawfully under my 5 years terms of Tier-1.please advise. i really appreciate your help, during my 5 years on Tier-1 i worked for the same company,no public fund, paid all tax and NI, no other offence. Can application case worker dig that deep to find out about it? Would i need a good solicitor to put my case infront of home office can you suggest anyone?
many thanks,
ra_one_2011

naCC
BANNED

Re: ILR Application with Past.

Post by naCC » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:50 pm

ra_one_2011 wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,
I am new to this post , appology if this question has been raised before in this forum.
I am coming to an end of my 5years ib Tier-1 visa so i will be eligible to apply for my ILR soon, but 10 years ago i extended my student visa with home office but i never study that time instead i worked and earn money. would this past be a Hindrance to my ILR application. i have worked and lived lawfully under my 5 years terms of Tier-1.please advise. i really appreciate your help, during my 5 years on Tier-1 i worked for the same company,no public fund, paid all tax and NI, no other offence. Can application case worker dig that deep to find out about it? Would i need a good solicitor to put my case infront of home office can you suggest anyone?
many thanks,
ra_one_2011

I don't think in ILR guidance notes there is something like this. And using common sense I don't think its going to be an issue now for BA but More expert members should be able to respond more precisely.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Can they find out? - Yes, if they get down to it.
Will they? - Not likely, but who knows!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ra_one_2011

thanks for your time and help guys!!

Post by ra_one_2011 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:14 am

thanks for your time and help guys!!

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:43 pm

hi there,
i received a Letter from home office stating approval of my tier-1 application and awards of points. do i need that letter when i apply for ILR? problem is home office put wrong points on that letter and made a total of only 65 points instead of 80 points (which i claimed). 65points don't quilify anyone for Tier-1 aproval so i assume that home office made a mistake and i have ligitimate visa but now i am worring that what if home office ask for that letter and see that on letter they stated only 65 points. i still got time for my ILR, should i contact home office and sort it out? even if i need to proove that i had 80 points, i can prove them with my old salary slips, bank statement.
thanks again for your usefull input on this matter.
ra_one_2011

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:00 pm

ra_one_2011 wrote:do i need that letter when i apply for ILR?
No.

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm

thanks Sush, sorry to bother you again,
i also claim childcare vouchers from my salary, so my P60 show my income little bit less as it would show after the childcare money deduction. what should i do there, also i was on SSP for three months when i was hopitalized so my last year's income is little less than my current year, would it be problem?
sorry, if these questions are already been asked.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:04 am