ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Left ILR in previous passport in uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nangvil

Help! Left ILR in previous passport in uk

Post by nangvil » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 am

Need some advice pls.

Have flown to the states but forgot to bring my previous passport containing my ILR. I have managed to print out a copy which I have saved online. I am also enrolled to IRIS but the airport I'm retuning to does not have IRIS facility.

Will I have trouble getting back to UK?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 am

Your problems may begin at the airport in the US. Airlines are wary of their obligations and penalties under carrier's liability and will not permit undocumented passengers (meaning not holding a valid visa) to board flights to the UK. You should, in advance or your return, try contact the UK immigration liaison officer based at the airport in your destination to check they will accept a print-out of your ILR vignette.

nangvil

Update on 'ILR in previous passport back in UK'

Post by nangvil » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Just an update.

I recalled scanning and emailed a copy of my ILR to a colleague. So, I printed out a copy of my ILR and presented to checkin in US. I did not encounter any problems flying from US back to UK via Amsterdam.

It was accepted by UKBA and I was advised I should always carry my old passport with me when travelling.

I would advice members to scan and keep a paper and electronic copy of your passport/visa incase you lost your passport.

Thanks to the anonymous member who pm me with some useful and credible advice.