ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attempting re-entry after ban

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abcde12345
Newly Registered

Attempting re-entry after ban

Post by abcde12345 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:33 am

2.5 years ago a 10 year ban was given for deception, and fingerprints taken, at a UK airport.

What I am wondering is if re-entry is attempted, can anything more be done then just being refused entry and/or being sent back to the last departure location?

Additionally, will having a new passport, which also has a different surname to the original (divorce) make entry possible? I have no idea how they check passports at border control...but how can they know about previous entry attempts if its a totally different passport?

Thanks for any help.

ps. the original decision for the ban was a complete joke and totally wrong but thats a whole other story.... just 2 ppl who want to be together but the immigration officer thought there was something more and was looking for any little technicality to refuse entry :(

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Attempting re-entry after ban

Post by mochyn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:05 am

abcde12345 wrote:2.5 years ago a 10 year ban was given for deception, and fingerprints taken, at a UK airport.

What I am wondering is if re-entry is attempted, can anything more be done then just being refused entry and/or being sent back to the last departure location?

Additionally, will having a new passport, which also has a different surname to the original (divorce) make entry possible? I have no idea how they check passports at border control...but how can they know about previous entry attempts if its a totally different passport?

Thanks for any help.

ps. the original decision for the ban was a complete joke and totally wrong but thats a whole other story.... just 2 ppl who want to be together but the immigration officer thought there was something more and was looking for any little technicality to refuse entry :(
Well as you say fingerprints were taken and this will be flagged up at immigration.I know many who were caught in Hong Kong trying this method and were imprisoned.
You are really asking for trouble trying deception after being previously being caught for deception.
best thing to do if you want to be together is to marry and apply for spousal visa

abcde12345
Newly Registered

Re: Attempting re-entry after ban

Post by abcde12345 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:18 pm

mochyn wrote: Well as you say fingerprints were taken and this will be flagged up at immigration.I know many who were caught in Hong Kong trying this method and were imprisoned.
You are really asking for trouble trying deception after being previously being caught for deception.
best thing to do if you want to be together is to marry and apply for spousal visa
Thanks for the reply.

I should have mentioned this in the OP, but the entry is only for about 10 days or so for a little holiday, not to settle permenantly.

Also can we really compare the UK to those crazy Chinese?

Im just wondering how it will be flagged up if it is a new passport with a new surname, and IF it is flagged up, is there anything more the UK IO can do apart from jus refuse entry and deport back to the last departure point, which is what happened last time.

Thanks.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Sorry, not prepared to tell you how and when passengers and passports are flagged up as you are obviously intent on circumventing immigration controls.

What I can say however is that yes the person will be returned to the last port of departure if caught, as is extremely likely, and the ban re-imposed. Also, be aware that if same day removal is not possible then it is more than likely the person will be detained in an immigration detention centre until such time as the flight can be arranged.

abcde12345
Newly Registered

Post by abcde12345 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:45 pm

INSIDER wrote:Sorry, not prepared to tell you how and when passengers and passports are flagged up as you are obviously intent on circumventing immigration controls.
No need to apologise, I was expecting this. I can say all day that the reasoning behind it is innocent but thats up to you guys to decide if you believe it or not.

Thanks for the info though - sounds like its a risk worth taking. It wont be a flight anyway.