ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW ending and no CAS yet. Please Help!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stephalphs
Newly Registered

PSW ending and no CAS yet. Please Help!!!

Post by stephalphs » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Ok.
So I decided to pursue a PhD. My PSW visa expires on the 5th of December.
I decided to apply for PhD here quite late, because I couldnt decide if I should do it in the UK considering the money involved.
So I applied, got a supervisor, everything decided but I have not received an official offer letter yet from the University. Course start date should be less than a month after my current visa expires which makes me eligible for in-country application. I already have the required money in my account for 28 days, and will pay the balance to the University as soon as I get the offer so maintenance is covered.
Yet I do not have an offer, no CAS and so no ATAS. I have spoken to a lawyer about not being able to get ATAS about a month ago, and she said she can submit and ask them to hold on for further documents. But as at then, I didnt know I still will not have CAS by now.
What do you think my chances are about submitting the application, with CAS and ATAS pending? I really do not want to apply from my home country because I want to work till I start my course, the Decemeber salary will go a long way in helping with my fees before I go part-time.
Please anybody experienced in immigration please advise.
PS: I know its my fault for waiting till last minute and I have blamed myself enough, but please I need advise and way forward.
Thanks in advance

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:48 pm

I'll advise you to get Master Level admission and extend your visa for now.

But if you really sure that you gonna get Unconditional offer letter for Phd and meet the funds requirement then you may submit your application without CAS at your own risk.

Are you doing PhD from university or any college?

stephalphs
Newly Registered

Post by stephalphs » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:01 am

Thanks tuliprose for the reply.
I am applying for PhD at a University. I already have a masters degree, so am not sure if the next masters will count as an academic progression. And I really want a PhD not just to stay here, but for the academic standing as its really my field.
I am just worried if I submit application with CAS pending if the application will be invalidated? I know I will be denied if I don't get ATAS before decision is reached, but that's ok as I will be protected by section 3c, and by then I can go home and apply for visa after December without having the overstay status, and without the 1 year ban.
So my question is, will the application be invalidated without CAS and ATAS, or will it just be denied with the right to appeal?
Thanks in advance

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:07 pm

tuliprose
Are you doing PhD from university or any college?
Since when the colleges have started to offer Phd's ? :?:

ruskcake

Re: PSW ending and no CAS yet. Please Help!!!

Post by ruskcake » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 pm

stephalphs wrote:Ok.
So I decided to pursue a PhD. My PSW visa expires on the 5th of December.
I decided to apply for PhD here quite late, because I couldnt decide if I should do it in the UK considering the money involved.
So I applied, got a supervisor, everything decided but I have not received an official offer letter yet from the University. Course start date should be less than a month after my current visa expires which makes me eligible for in-country application. I already have the required money in my account for 28 days, and will pay the balance to the University as soon as I get the offer so maintenance is covered.
Yet I do not have an offer, no CAS and so no ATAS. I have spoken to a lawyer about not being able to get ATAS about a month ago, and she said she can submit and ask them to hold on for further documents. But as at then, I didnt know I still will not have CAS by now.
What do you think my chances are about submitting the application, with CAS and ATAS pending? I really do not want to apply from my home country because I want to work till I start my course, the Decemeber salary will go a long way in helping with my fees before I go part-time.
Please anybody experienced in immigration please advise.
PS: I know its my fault for waiting till last minute and I have blamed myself enough, but please I need advise and way forward.
Thanks in advance
I think you application will fail. You cannot state in your application that your CAS is pending!! Its a vital document. If you could call it pending than you can call every other document you do not have pending and then what?

stephalphs
Newly Registered

Re: PSW ending and no CAS yet. Please Help!!!

Post by stephalphs » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:06 am

ruskcake wrote: I think you application will fail. You cannot state in your application that your CAS is pending!! Its a vital document. If you could call it pending than you can call every other document you do not have pending and then what?
Luckily, my application did not fail. I received and forwarded my CAS and ATAS. Had to delay giving biometrics though.
Received my documents this morning, and waiting for the BRP now.
Goes to say that nothing is impossible for those that believe.

Thank you God and thank you all!