ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding working tax credit and my spouse visa status

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sohail4peace

Query regarding working tax credit and my spouse visa status

Post by Sohail4peace » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi everybody !!

My situation is that I am spouse of uk citizen and I have one child and my wife is pregnant as well baby due in next month.
My ILR is due after 4 months.
My wife was claiming child tax credit and working tax credit as well ( Our claim was joint claim I was not the main claimant but they hold my details every time when we update HM revenue about any changes)
As she was working 18 to 20 hours and I was working 30 to 40 hours.
3 weeks ago my wife stopped working as she was not feeling good because of pregnancy so she decided to start claiming maternity pay. And my hours and job also changes as well.
We informed to HM revenue about our circumstances and next week we got the tax credit new reward statement.
They start giving working tax credit into my account as I did not give them my account details but I do not know how they start giving them working tax credit into my account as I told them my wife is not working but I am working 40 hours now.
And my wife is getting now child tax credit before she was getting both into her account
On the tax credit award letter ( my wife and my name are present) but they also say I am the main claimant now as it used to be my wife before.
I am worrying how they change it before my wife was main claimant.

So please experts tell me what should I do now because I am not entitle any benefit according to my visa status. Why they are paying into my account I mean working tax credit before they were paying into my wife account.

Please help and guide me because my ILR is due after 4 month.

Thanks inadvance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:11 pm

The Tax Credits claim continues to be in joint names, and your spouse is a British Citizen, so it continues to be the case that you do not have a problem.

But I am surprised by something you have posted. You are using the term "Main Claimant". In particular you say :-
they also say I am the main claimant now as it used to be my wife before.
So I ask, how are they indicating that to you? That is, what exactly are they saying to give you that impression?
John

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi John.

Thanks very much for yours prompt response. sorry its not actually main claimant I apoligise for that.

In Claimant section they says: Yours tax credit are based on you being part of a couple and then they says You ( me) claimed tax credits jointly with the names person above that is my wife.

I tell you what exactly HM revenue tax credit award letter says in the section:
Why we are writing you says :
The person receving working tax credit has changed.

Actually till last 2 week they were paying into my wife account ( both child and working tax credit ). But when we told them almost 10 days ago that my wife stopped working and I am working almost 40 hours they start paying into my account (working tax credit) but still paying child tax credit into my wife account.

So my question is that is that normal ? and won`t affect my ILR visa ? As i never requested to them to pay into my account.
So please john tell me everything is normal ? and In ILR application form what I will write in claming benefit section ?

Thanks in advance-[/b]

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi John or any expert

Can you answer please ?

Many thanks