ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ram.r2
Newly Registered

Change of Employment

Post by ram.r2 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:20 pm

Hi All,
I spoke with a few visa consultants on processing the change of employment work permits. Each one says a different rule. One of them said that the hike in salary between the current and the new employment should not be greater than 10% and hence they cannot process it on no-win no-fee condition. The other says the job title of the current and the new employment should be the same.(My current job title is software engineer and new job title s Developer.) So they also are not ready to guarantee the success of the work permit. My employer with whom I have a job offer is also not ready to acknowledge even a slight deviation in the offer conditions.Has someone processed the change of employment work permits under these conditions? Can the application succeed under these circumstances? Please help.

Regards,
Ram

rooi_ding

Post by rooi_ding » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:27 pm

when I was looking into a change of employment, I had a very similar response. I think that you should approach your new employer and explain that the legal requirements for changing employer were left back in the "stone age". The IND (because they are civil servants) have now concept of the capital based market place. If the new employer wants the system to work for him then they must work the system.

Practical suggestions to your new employer would be and introductory salary for 3 months which would be only a few thousand more then you would be getting now and then later hike it up to what you have agreed with them. I am assuming the job title does not have to be advertised so the title can be modified to read "software engineer / developer"

All the best and hope you get what you want

ram.r2
Newly Registered

Post by ram.r2 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:19 pm

Hi,
My employer is not prepared to change any terms of the employment. They would only be willing to take me in if I obtain a workpermit with the existing conditions. So I have decided to go ahead and take a risk. Is there a possiblility that this application might succeed.

Regards,
Prabhu

neilroy

Post by neilroy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:27 am

U do not obtain the workpermit, it will be you employer who needs to apply for it. I was in the same boat as u when i changed job. My employer submitted a job description and i got a copy from old emplyer about the job description as well. My new employer explained in covering letter that although the job title is different but the nature and expertise of both the jobs are same. This experdite the change of workpermit as i was switching to different company but at the same level. If it was differnt then you have to go through nornal channel of getting a work permit following all the standard procedures to obtain it.