ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP or WHM - confused!!! Please advice...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Satyajit
Newly Registered

HSMP or WHM - confused!!! Please advice...

Post by Satyajit » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:59 am

Hi

I want to go to UK in March 06 and no later than April 06. I am eligible for the HSMP and WHM visas... I would prefer to apply for the WHM as it is less expensive but have heard that the visa approval process takes about 4-6 months for WHM - from India (not to mention the high rejection rates)...If that is the case, I will apply for an HSMP where I have heard the process time is 1-3 months only...

Please guide me...

Cheerz

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:08 am

Satyajit

The advantage of HSMP is not just in the processing times. Your HSMP approval is based entirely on weather or not you qualify on the points assessment. Any time spent on HSMP counts towards long term settlement in the country (cuurently 4 years for Indefinate Leave to Remain). Under WMM you will have to come back in 2 years time unless you switch your visa.

Also, note that when you apply for WHM, your main intention to come to the UK must not be work but an extended holiday. It is also expected that of you that you will leave at the end of your extended holiday period.

Satyajit
Newly Registered

Post by Satyajit » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:59 am

Wazir,

Thanks a lot for the guidance...

I am still in the dark about the process times for the 2 Visas...Can you shed some light on that?

Thanks,
Satyajit

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:20 pm

Here is a link to the operational service levels of the Home Office. For HSMP, the HO claims that 50% of applications to be decided within 4 weeks of receipt and 90% in 13 weeks. Please note however that this has been published almost 10 months back. In some cases it has been much quicker that 4 weeks turnaround time. Once you get your HSMP approval, you will still have to apply for Entry Clearence at your nearest BHC.

I have no idea about the processing times involved in WHM. I think it should depend on the individual Biritsh High Commissions.

v3

re

Post by v3 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:13 pm

hi satyajit

Given any day i would suggest you go for HSMP, benifits are

> you can take any job of wht u want

> you dont have to think of hastle of switching after on yr

> you can switch jobs as and when you want unlike WP

> only difference i feel between hsmp and british citizen is passport color ;)

working holiday maker visa

> will be tuff to convince employer tht u will stick long term with them

> always u will be worying

abv points r just my opinions :)) but true to most instances
cheers
v3

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:31 pm

:o That's an 8 month old post :wink:

regards

v3

Post by v3 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:06 pm

true , i tght it will be useful for future users atlst better late then never :)
cheers
v3