ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHM, what are the chances ??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chris_gh
Newly Registered

WHM, what are the chances ??

Post by chris_gh » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:36 pm

Hi, i`m a 22yr old ghanaian, wish to visit the uk on a 2yr working holiday maker, people around here dont know much about this kind of visa, and i have recently read an article that ghana is the country with the highest non settlement visa refusal rate in the world, can anyone kindly give me some tips regarding this visa , i am aware that financial means is the most important, any ideas or opinions are greatly aprechiated.

Regards
Chris :?:

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:09 pm

I would advise you to read the guidance notes on on the UK Visas website: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

While it is important to show proof of a good financial situation, it is also very important to show your intention to return back to your home country which would include any links and ties to your home country. They are also very wary of people who intend to use the working holiday visa as an easy alternative to a work permit. Therefore any proof you can offer to show your planned itinerary and what you intend to do while in the UK will also greatly help your application.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

chris_gh
Newly Registered

thanx

Post by chris_gh » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:10 pm

Dawie wrote:I would advise you to read the guidance notes on on the UK Visas website: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

While it is important to show proof of a good financial situation, it is also very important to show your intention to return back to your home country which would include any links and ties to your home country. They are also very wary of people who intend to use the working holiday visa as an easy alternative to a work permit. Therefore any proof you can offer to show your planned itinerary and what you intend to do while in the UK will also greatly help your application.
Jis Dawie

thanx for the tips, will make sure to get some sort of proof to show my intensions, as well as the financial proof, greatly aprechiated

PS - what amount of money would u say is enough for my balance for a statement, will my employment status or job have an effect on their decision..?

v3

Re: thanx

Post by v3 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:45 pm

chris_gh wrote:
Dawie wrote:I would advise you to read the guidance notes on on the UK Visas website: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/

Jis Dawie

thanx for the tips, will make sure to get some sort of proof to show my intensions, as well as the financial proof, greatly aprechiated

PS - what amount of money would u say is enough for my balance for a statement, will my employment status or job have an effect on their decision..?
few tips chris_gh

> main objective u have to show to embassy tht u will return aftr 2 yrs
back to ur homecountry
> it is different issue u can switch later once ur here to WP or HSMP

> to proove main objective
> get a letter from employer tht u will be productive after 2yrs also and u will be taken back to work after ur uk trip
> get arnd 2-3 k equilvalent pounds in ur accnt to proove ur havign sufficient money to enjoy in uk

> tell u will take only temp employement to sponsor ur further uk trip

> dont mention anytime of ur planning to stay in UK

> come up with full plan for 2 yrs of wht all u will see ..since embassy expects u to have reasearched atlst .. of country ur planning to stay for 2
yrs

> just show them ur bored of work and studies and wanna take break

thts all my friend..if u need more help let me know
cheers
v3